1.1

1.1

PSA: I was 14 when I started this account and it's been almost 4 years! So I don't really find enjoyment in writing fan fiction anymore but I do love this story so I will work hard to finish it for everyone :) Thanks.

•Shawn's POV•

"So Shawn now that your team has won the nationals where are you going next?"
The news anchors where everywhere, the Canada hockey nationals just took place in the center of Toronto. Our team had won in overtime 4-3.
"Well if we have enough funding we will be off to the worlds." I told one of the ladies.
"If you go to the worlds how much pressure is put onto the team to play against dozens of new teams?"
"A lot of pressure definitely but these guys are like my brothers and we make a good team." I told her.
"Well Shawn we wish you and the team the best of luck on getting to Denmark." She said and smiled.
The camera man called clear and put the camera down. I grabbed the woman's arm.
"Excuse me, did you say Denmark?" I asked.
"Well yeah, that's where this years worlds are." She answered.
My vision went blurry as I tried to back away.
"It's going to be an honor if you make it that far, the queen and princess are supposed to be there!" she said.
Her words blended together and I couldn't catch my breath.
There's no way I could go to Denmark.

•Alyssa's POV•

"Okay so the schedule for the month is ready, do you want to hear it?" Elise my personal assistant said to me.
I nodded.
"Okay today is clear, tomorrow dinner with the King of London, basically all the days this month are dinners getting ready for your coronation at the end of the month." She told me.
"Yeah of course." I said with no emotion.
I looked out the window.
"Alyssa it's been a month honey, I know you miss him, but it's time to step up to your duties." She said.
I didn't turn to face her.
"And by duties you mean marry someone I don't even love and become queen of a country I don't know how to run, then yes I will fulfill them." I said with tears in my eyes.
"Alyssa, Prince Antonio is a wonderful young man for you." she said.
I looked down and out the window at the garden.
"He's not Shawn. No one is and I can't handle the constant pain in my chest that burns every time I think of him with someone else." I whispered.
"Alyssa it's time to move on, I'm sure he wants that for you." She said as she walked out.
I took a deep breath and looked down at the schedule in front of me. My eyes skimmed the days and dinners.
"What?" I said aloud as I glanced at the 20th.

March 20th~
Queen, Princess, and Prince Antonio's appearance at world's hockey tournament.

"No no no," I said aloud as I reached for my phone.
My fingers flew over the key board as I typed in Oli's name in the Facebook bar.
"Shit," I said as I clicked his most recent photo.

SEND US TO THE WORLD'S IN DENMARK:
please donate all you can, every cent helps!
Goal: $500,000.00
Goal accomplished: $117,720.81

I sighed as I realized they probably wouldn't make enough. I probably stared at my phone for another 10 minutes. Then I dialed a number.
"Francis hi, this is Princess Alyssa. I need to make a large donation to my cousins hockey league."

•Shawn's POV•

"Oli we're never going to make enough money dude." I told him walking down the hallway.
"Shawn I swear to God if you say that one more time I'm going to smack the cuteness right out of you." he said as he glared at me.
"500,00o dollars is a lot man, that's all." I said as I looked to the floor.
We reached the café and sat down at the table with the boys.
"Shawn you're just doubting that because you don't want to see Alyssa." Griffin spat at me.
I looked down.
"That's not true." I told him.
All the guys shook their heads.
"Dude even if we don't go which we probably won't, you should talk to her. I mean yeah she lied about who she was but if I wanted a normal life, I would have done the same thing. I know you would have too so stop giving her a hard time." Colin told me.
Everyone looked at him in shock. So did I.
"Wow." Oil said out loud.
"We're not going anyways so just stop you guys, 500,000 is way to much to raise in 2 weeks." Hayden said.
We nodded agreeing.
The table fell silent and we all were upset at the fact of world's being out of our reach.
"EXCUSE ME!" Danny said dodging through people.
As he reached our table he was out of breath.
"GUYS-" He said still breathing heavy.
We all looked at him like he was insane. He stood up on the table.
"Danny what the fuc-"
"EXCUSE EVERYONE I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!" He yelled.
The café went silent.
"It has been brought to my attention that an anonymous donor has just donated $400,000 to our fund page. Which mean we have over $500,000. WE'RE GOING TO WORLD'S!" He screamed.
The café went insane, everyone stood up and cheered. I stayed seated looking down in amazement. Someone donated $400,000? I looked up to see Colin looking at me.
"Can't run from her now can you Shawn? She's the fucking princess where we're going, everyone knows her name." He said.

With that he got up and left, leaving me sitting alone surrounded by the loudness of the café.