0.1

Alyssa pictured on top!

Chapter 1

(1 Month Earlier)

"Please welcome Alyssa Elizabeth-Rose Hendious, crowned princess of Hendeova."

I walk out, people bow, I dance with princes my age, I fake conversations with adults, and sit through a boring dinner. All the usual things royals do. My mother the Queen of Hendeova, was married into royalty when she married my father. She was strict and personally she was too serious about her life as Queen. My father on the other hand, was the guy everyone knew and wanted to be friends with. Not only because he was the King of Hendeova, but he was the nicest guy around. He was carefree and knew how to run a country smoothly. My parents were opposites, which confused me on how they were even married.
"Alyssa stop slouching, you're a young sixteen year old princess." My mom nipped at me at dinner.
I did what I was told and ate my dinner in peace. After I was excused to go to my room, I watched American television. Everyone there seemed so down to earth and lived carefree lives. I wanted to be them.
"I want to be normal," I whispered to myself.
"Normal?" My father asked.
I turned around fast.
"Father, you scared me." I told him.
"Alyssa being normal is not what it's made out to be," he said sitting on my bed.
"I just want to be normal and get out of the spotlight. I don't want to be a princess anymore," I told him.
He nodded.
"Your mother didn't want to be royal either and now she loves it," my father said laughing.
I smiled.
"She was normal before you met her father," I told him.
"That she was," he agreed.
"Please father," I pleaded.
"Tell you what, how about when I get back in a week, you can fly out to see your mothers family in Canada." He said.
"Thank you," I said hugging him.
"But just for a few weeks," he told me.
I nodded.
"Goodnight father," I said kissing his cheek.

"Goodnight Alyssa my love, see you in a week." He said.

________
~2 a.m.~

"Alyssa we have to tell you something," my mother said coming in.
She sat on the other side of me and held my hand.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Your father and the plane have gone missing," she spoke her voice shaking.
"What?" I asked worried.
She hugged me and I cried into her shoulder.

____

(Present Day)

"I don't want to be queen!" I yelled at my mother again.
"Your father has been missing for a month Alyssa, you need to stand up and take charge of your duties!" She screamed.
"I have a choice!" I yelled back.
"I am your mother!" She yelled.
"I am sixteen! I want to be normal and fall in love and not be followed by people. Father said that I could go live in Canada for a while!" I told her.
She stopped and thought for a minute.
"I have a deal," she spoke.
I listened.
"You have two months in Canada to find someone who loves you. If you fail, you must come back and be the queen of our country." She told me.
"Deal." I said without hesitation.

How hard could it be to fall in love?