Chapter 21: "Not so far apart"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř  21

His face was inches from hers as Rogue peered into his piercing blue eyes. Her green ones finding that he to was staring back.

His pitch black, silky hair was brushing her forehead and his breath on her lips. She had no idea why she felt like leaning up and brushing her lips against his, she just wanted to. 

A cough interrupted the two, Rogues cheeks burned as Vincent jumped up. He stuck out a hand which she gladly took, he pulled her up making her nod in thanks.

They both faced a red faced Zander who was trying not to die of laughter. He suddenly burst out laughing, hitting his knees as he did so. "Your faces!" He managed to spit out before laughing again. 

Rogue rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. She glazed at Vincent who was, just as Rogue, blushing like a cherry. Before any of them could say anything, an alarm went off.

Zander jumped looking pale. "What the?" Rogue reached for her daggers that were strapped to the belt on her thighs. "Come on." Vincent ordered as the three ran towards the castle.

"Rogue look after Zander and Zander stay with Rogue." Once they were inside the three went towards the throne room, watching guards run through the halls.

They entered the already opened doors, seeing the king talking to the commander. "They're at the gate, they're demanding to see her." The commander said, rather annoyed and tired.

"Well then she must meet them, only inside the gates, they are not allowed to cross into the gates." The king said making the commander nod. When they heard the three approaching they looked towards them.

"Ah Rogue, you have visitors." She frowned twirling the daggers between his fingers. "Visitors?" He nodded sighing. "He tells us that you and him have unfinished business." It felt like she had been hit the chest, she lost her breath.

"He has come for his money." She said softly looking down. "But I don't have it." Rogue clenched her fists, shutting her eyes. "You owe the man money?" The king sounded unimpressed.

She sighed, her shoulders slumped. "He was my master." She shook her head looking up. "Well let me see him." She had no idea what she was going to do.

Despite her hating the prince and Vincent at first she had grown fond of them and didn't want them hurt. "Are you sure it's safe?" Zander quickly pitched in with worry.

She shook her head, "It's not the safest but it doesn't matter, I know how to deal with it."