Chapter 9: "Bodyguard"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř  9

"Vincent please take her to a guestroom and make sure the maids get her a clean outfit." The king ordered making Vincent clench his jaw but nod.

Rogue followed Vincent, smugness flowing out of her like a waterfall. He showed her to her room and disappeared. She entered and smiled brightly.

The room was big and beautiful. The bed sheets were a satin red and silk. There was a desk and a closet that turned out to be a walk in closet. It was filled with dresses, shirts and pants along with shoes.

She couldn't believe that she was actually staying in the castle, nonetheless did she believe that she was soon going to be a bodyguard for the prince.

Deciding to push all thoughts away she walked into the beautiful bathroom and took a nice, warm long shower.

When she walked out into the bedroom she saw an outfit laid out on the bed. It was a kneelength black dress made of silk. She smiled and slipped it on after putting on the very comfortable lingerie.

She found her daggers neatly on the pillow. She found two belt like things but they were for her legs. She put them both on her thighs, making sure the dress hid them. She slipped the daggers in, feeling the cold metal brush her thighs.

She smiled and dried her hair, leaving it wavy behind her. She didn't bother applying makeup, she was a natural beauty anyway.

Rogue walked out the room after slipping on black pumps. She spotted Vincent walking towards her, she watched as his eyes grew slightly wide. He cleared his throat and shook his head. "Follow me."

Vincent lead her to a dining hall. The king and Queen sat on the edge, a boy around Vincents age, 18-19 sat to the left of the Queen. He had dirty blonde hair, light turquoise eyes and a fine jawline. In front of the boy sat the commander.

Vincent lay a hand gently on her lower back and guided her to a seat beside the blonde boy, who she guessed was the prince.

Vincent sat in front of her and sent her a glance she didn't quite understand. "Nice of you to join us, I see you like the dress." The king smiled looking at Rogue.

She smiled and nodded. "Uh yeah, thank you for giving me my daggers back." The commander choked as Vincents eyes grew wide.

The King's eyes held amusement as he nodded. "Your welcome."