Chapter 24: "And she is?"

Ć H Á P Ť E Ř  24

After speaking with the king Rogue had gone to the kitchen. She sat down with a plate of pastries when a woman walked in. She seemed around Vincents age and a little to...what's the word, uptight.

The woman glazed over at Rogue and stuck her nose up high. She wouldn't be doing that if she knew what I was. It was true, if the woman knew that Rogue was the infamous hit woman/assassin she'd be running for the hills.

The woman was a tipacal blonde with brown eyes and to much make up that made her seem to be wearing a mask. She was thin as a stick with a vibe to her that makes you want to slap her.

"And who are you?" The woman asked, her voice a high pitch that was highly annoying. Rogue didn't answer, she just watched the woman with fierce eyes.

The woman seemed to have gotten uncomfortable because she began moving from one foot to the other.

Vincent interrupted the silent, uncomfortable moment when he walked into the kitchen. He stopped and looked between the woman and Rogue.

The woman lit up as she threw her arms around Vincents neck, seeing that they were almost the same height. "Vincent!" She said happily, her abnormal high pitch voice increasing.

"Oh uh hello Zandaya." He pushed her off, his eyes darting to Rogue for a moment. "How have you been honey?" Her sweet tone made Rogue want to puke out the food she was devouring.

"Great and yourself." Rogue was amused by how uncomfortable and awkward he was being around the woman, despite them knowing each other.

"Fabulous now that your here." Zandaya frowned once she realised that Vincent wasn't paying attention to her, rather he was paying attention to Rogue.

"And she is?" The annoying woman asked, her frown deepening. Vincent took a seat next to Rogue, Rogue feeling his hand brush hers which sent sparks up her arm.

"This is Rogue, Rogue this is Zandaya." Vincent gestured between the two before stealing a pastry off Rogues plate. Her face lit up in a playful manner as she hit his shoulder gently.
"Hey Mister that's mine." She forged a fake glare his way earning a chuckle in return. "Well it's mine now." He swollowed it in one swift go getting a nod in approval from Rogue.

"Nice one." She took her own but almost choked when she tried what he did. Vincent laughed and rubbed her back, the area tingling as he did so.

Zandaya seemed to have enough of the two love birds show because she had stormed off in a hurry.

"Your throats to small." Vincent smiled, his blue eyes blazing in the sunlight. Rogue snorted and laughed, "Mhm we'll see."