Parties and Slap Boxing

Start from the beginning

"Where?"

"At a friend's house." I tried my best trying to sound normal and not affected at how this brilliantly attractive man leaned against my wall and stared at me with something I couldn't comprehend. It was almost like his casualty slowly faded away, and I wanted it to come back.

"What friend?"

"Tell Austin to go home." I said and turned my face back to my book.

James sighed and flipped over on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. "He's paranoid now. Like Tyler said, you've got a rich business man wrapped around your finger."

I blushed and turned further away from him. "Oh Diana, don't be embarrassed," He chuckled and pinched my thigh like I usually did to him and I slapped his hand away, once again pretending to be distracted with my book and hoped he would go away. But part of me wanted Mr. Grant to stay and I didn't know why.

"You can sit down." I heard James casually tell him, motioning towards my bed.

He was sitting on my bed.

"What are you reading" James asked and I pretended like I didn't hear him, giving myself time to bring up a random book name.

I attempted to hurry up and say something, but two arms appeared on either side of me, making me slam the book shut from sudden fear. James' brows furrowed curiously, then he looked at me funny when I tried to casually move it to the corner of my white desk. "What are you hiding?" He then asked.

"Nothing why-"

He reached over to grab it but I immediately took it before it did, hiding it behind my back. "What the hell, Dye?" He grumbled trying to reach around me.

I shushed him, praying Austin and the others wouldn't be able to hear him. James tried reaching around again but I hopped up on my chair and held it up and away from him.

I barely noticed when Mr. Grant snatched the book from my hands and threw it to James, making my face go red in fear and my heart stop.

James stared at the brown cover for a second and I hopped down the chair as he swiftly tore off the cover and closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose for a second. "Well my god." He shook his head and I reached for it again, making him hold me back with an extended arm. He actually began to laugh, though he still looked incredably uncomfortable. "Really?" He laughed again and tossed it to Mr. Grant.

I took a long sigh and sat down on my chair and let the embarrassment come and when he looked at the book his eyes widened and he looked away awkwardly. Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal. I was eighteen, so it shouldn't matter at all, and it was only a book.

"Well go on down, now. Big Brother is waiting." James said, heading to the door and going to the bathroom.

"Uh- James?" I said slowly and he turned around.

"Don't worry, I won't tell him." And he walked out, leaving Mr. Grant and I alone.

I turned around and looked at him. He looked right back at me with narrowed eyes. "How was your meeting?" I asked in monotone, for a second feeling like my old self who didn't show negative feelings.

Mr. Grant stopped with his stares and sighed. "I'm sorry." Was all he said and said it so meaningly, it actually took me by surprise.

But I shook it off and took a step toward him. "Can I have my book back?"

He raised a sexy eyebrow and stuffed it in his back pocket.

"That's a library book." I grumbled.