My Birthday

(sorry if this is really bad or hard to understand. This is my first one and I tried really hard... I promise it'll get better.. Also sorry that it's so short they will get longer... thank you for reading)

Hi my name is Danalia, but everyone calls me Dani for short. I'm 14 about to turn 15, in my second year of high school at Queen Elizabeth private academy. I live in London, England. I have dark grayish hair a little past my shoulders nothing big. I also have a weird color to my eyes, it's almost looks like a dark red but everyone says it's just the light or some brown eyes look red... even though I have never seen anyone like that. I don't have any family so I live with some my friend Anne and her family. They always say I'm not a problem but how can I not be. I mean it's Anne, her brothers Andrew but I always call him Andy, and Dylan and then there mom and dad, which I call them mom and dad because of how long I have lived here with all of them. So how can I not be a bother?

"Everything is so dark, I-I can't breathe. W-where am I? Am I dreaming? W-what is that feeling, it feels so familiar and cold." BEEP, BEEP, BEEP "W-what?"

"GOOD MORNING DANI!!!!!" Anne said as she jumped on my bed "GET UP YOU CAN'T SLEEP FOREVER!!!" she yelled while trying to wake me up.

"Watch me Anne." As I rolled over and put the blanket over my head.

"MOM!!! DAD!!! DANI WON'T GET UP!" Andy yelled, which I didn't even know he was there.

"Danalia please get up, I made food for you." my mom asked me as she walked by my room.

"Dani." Andy said real slow like which made him sound like he was complaining.

"OK Andy, I will get up." I said real fast to make him stop.

"Really?" he said like I have been sleeping for years.

"Yes, yes I will." I said as I slowly got up.

When I finally got up and ready for school, I came down stairs.

"Guys don't be alarmed," everyone looked at Dylan while he finished his sentence.

"The bedroom monster came out." Dylan said in a teasing tone.

"Dylan, don't make fun of Dani." my dad quickly said before I could say anything.

"You did the same thing." mom said.

"Yea OK, sure I did mom." Dylan sneakily said while trying to leave the house to go to school before dad or mom could say anything.

"Hey, isn't it time for you and Anne to get going too?" dad asked while handing us our lunches.

"Yea, it is thanks for reminding me." I said while grabbing my lunch bag.

"Excuse me but is that anyway a young lady should talk?" my mom said before I got out of the door.

"No, mom." I said while turning back to my dad.

"Thank you for the lunch and thank you for reminding us that we need to get school." I said real slow and smooth so I could get off easier.

During lunch I sat next to Anne and two other people, Mason and Darren.

"So Dani what are you going to do for your birthday?" Mason asked before we all got out our lunches.

"Umm, I don't know actually." I said when I was in the middle of opening my lunch box.

"Do you know what would be really cool?" Darren said and got everyone's attention. "If you were able to go back in time."

I smiled a big smile and said "Yea my mom would love to do that so I can learn manners."

"She would most likely send you to like 1888 so you can learn that way." Anne added.

"That would be pretty fun." I thought to myself while everyone was saying what they would do if they went back in time.

"Dani what about you?" Mason said smiling because he knew I wasn't listening to what was going on around me.

"Umm, what would I do?" I said to make it sound like I was listening to the whole thing.

"Yea, what would you do if you went back in time?" Darren quickly added.

"Umm, well I would go and first find a place to eat." I started to laugh and then everyone else did too. We all stopped laughing when the bell for class rang.

For the rest of the day I had the conversion from lunch and my dream from last night in my head and that is where it was going to stay. On my walk home from school I started humming a tune that I came up with while in class. I continued with this tone till Anne told me to get a new tone in my head. After that I started to sing 'London Bridge Is Falling Down'. I always had little tone in my head on the walk home from places.

When we got on our street I stopped singing and in then started to skip home saying "one, two, buckle my shoe, three, four shut the door." I stopped completely when I reached our door. When I walked in everything was dark and quite. I started to head to the living room to see if they made it home or not yet.

"Hello? Mom, Dad, Dylan.... Andy? Anyone?" I looked around for them all, of the sudden I heard glass shatter everywhere. "ANNE???" I yelled when I felt someone grab my shoulder from behind. "AHHHH!" I screamed and turned around to see it was just my dad. I started to cry "D-d da" I was so scared I couldn't talk but I finally got it out "Dad." I ran and hug. "Dad" I cried harder.

"It's okay I got you sweetie, I got you." my dad said as he hugged me back and try to get me to stop.