My Choice

'What's going on? What's that noise?... i-it's beeping.... but from what?' I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. There was a white ceiling. "Where am I." I sat up. My head felt all dizzy. I looked to the side of me to see Dylan sleeping in a chair next to me.

"Dylan? What are you doing?" I rubbed my head lightly.

Dylan start to wake. "Dani?" He looked confused for a minute but then jumped up. "Dani!" He hugged me tightly.

"Dylan what are you doing now?" I asked.

"Dani I've missed you so much." I felt Dylan's tears on my shirt.

"But I haven't gone anywhere. Actually to be honest I don't even know where we are." I hugged Dylan back.

"You're in a hospital..."

"Wh-"

"You've been in a coma for two year." Dylan explained to me.

"Two years!?" I freaked out.

"Yeah the doctor said something in your brain triggered and made you in a coma or something to that effect." Dylan tried to explain. "I'll call the doctor for you. Also mom and Dad. They've been really worried." Dylan go up and left the room.

"I don't remember fainting or anything. Maybe I hit my head or something. I feel like I'm forgetting something important..." I thought out loud.

Not soon after nurses and doctors came in. They did a check up and a scan. Afterwards my parents came with my brothers and sister.

"Dani!" Andy ran and gave me a hug. "I've missed you so much!" I could tell every word he said was true.

"You've missed so much." Anne was excited.

'I guess I really have been gone for awhile.' I thought this to myself as Anne was going crazy filling me in.

Then mom and dad came back from talking to the doctor... I guess... or more that's what they said but I didn't see them go over there or come back. Oh well.

"So Dani we have some great news." Dad pulled up the chair that Dylan was in earlier closer to the bed.

"What is it?" I asked him but my voice... no not my voice but my speech or maybe theirs... I don't know... mine sounded different from theirs it's almost hard to understand.

"The doctor says he can't find any wrong and you can go home as soon as they double check." Dad was excited and his face showed it.

"Sounds great dad." I smiled. "I can't wait."

"So much has changed since you've been gone." Anne explained. It was weird because it felt like I never left talking to her.

"Well I guess you'll just have to show me." I started to picture my house or at least tried to. Then a doctor came in. The doctor was tall and had black hair with red eyes.
"Hello Danalia how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Fine."

"Dizzy?"

"No."

A bunch of questions were asked but one question made me really think.

"Now Danalia do you know everyone in this room?" The doctor asked.

"Well there's my mom, dad, brothers, and my sister." I answered. "And then there's you, my doctor. Doctor...."

"Michaelis. It's Doctor Michaelis." He finished my sentence.

"Michaelis..." I repeated. It sounded familiar but from where? I couldn't remember.