Chapter 7

"Wow, it's already so late. The day passed by so fast." I said.

The sun is already setting and the sky was painted a beautiful pink, orange and blue. Jiyong hyung and I are walking hand in hand towards the entrance of the amusement park.

"Yeah, it did." he said, with a contented smile on his face. "Hey, let's ride on that the last. It looks like it won't drop or anything."

"Hahaha. You're right, a Ferris wheel doesn't drop. Alright, let's get on!"

For our final ride, Jiyong hyung and I step into the empty Ferris wheel.

"H-hey, hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are we in this position again?"

Jiyong hyung sat me on his lap and is embracing me as if I was a doll.

"It's fine. No one's watching. Besides, I haven't been able to hold you much recently."

Saying this, he wraps his arms tightly around my body...

"Ack!" I squirmed when he kisses the nape of my neck gently. Of all the places where I am very ticklish, my nape is the most sensitive. You could just blow air onto the back of my neck and I would have melted on the floor instantly.

"Hey, that's a beautiful view." Jiyong hyung said as he pointed to the darkening horizon.

"Wow, you're right."

From the Ferris wheel, we can see the entire evening sky of central South Korea. Its beauty renders me at loss for words.

"You seem to have cheered up." Jiyong hyung said.

"...Yes. It was a lot of fun... Thank you for making time for me even though you're so busy."

"I didn't necessarily made time for you. I was bored of being shut up in my workshop all the time, so I wanted to go out..."

"Aish. Can you please not deny that you went out of your way just to have this trip with me."

I am grateful for Jiyong hyung's thoughtfulness. He's very bad with expressing himself with words, just like now, but he can really make a person feel special.

I place my hand over his that is wrapped around my body. He grasped mine in response.

"Seungri."

"Yeah?"

"Soon, I'll finish the main outfits I plan to use in the show. They don't mean as much as the outfits I made for you because they are outfits meant to take down my dad."

"Okay..."

"I want to expand Peaceminusone. I want it to be a brand that represents South Korea. I want to see how far my clothes can go."

"Yes, I understand. Hey, hyung. Recently, I get a lot of compliments when wearing your clothes. Even people who don't know about your brand tell me how lovely it looks."

"Really?"

"Yeah. That's why I want to do my best to be able to wear your clothes as beautiful as I can."

"Hmm... thanks baby."

Our gazes found each other, and we exchange kisses on the empty Ferris wheel...

All I can do is wear Jiyong hyung's clothes and display it to everyone. I have no time to be down in the dumps. I've gotta do my best on the auditions.

~

After that, I continue to accept auditions, but the results remain the same...

There must be some reason why I fail at all my auditions no matter how many I take.

Oh, there is!

I mean, all the auditions I've taken have been for cosmetics, expensive shoes, and famous mail-order catalogs. Of course they're going to choose beautiful, tall men instead. I need to somehow display my relatable, average qualities.

~

"Seungri, that's pretty much the percentage when it comes to auditions." Top hyung said, one night when I talked to him about my concern.

"I see... But all the auditions I seem to get are for cosmetics and fashion brands. I feel like all those projects seem to be looking for someone who is tall and beautiful. Are there any auditions looking for someone who is more approachable and regular?"

"Well... there are, but those kind of jobs tend to be on smaller scale and usually require more effort."

"I don't mind."

"Very well. If you insist, then I will set you up with them."

"Thank you!"

"Also, let's remake your portfolio."

"Huh?"

"With only Peaceminusone on your portfolio, it's a little too biased. Let's do a test shooting with Daesung and Youngbae, and a few other people."

~

And so, on the day of the test shooting...

"Approachable and regular, huh? I guess we tend to lay the make-up on pretty heavy for Peaceminusone." Daesung hyung said.

"Seungri has a transparency to him, so I think natural make-up could work as well." Minzy said. he was invited by Daesung hyung so create variety.

"I was recently told that my stuff is too artsy, so, actually, I was just thinking about adding some more regular material into my portfolio." Taehyun, Youngbae hyung's acquaintance said.

"Me too!" Daesung hyung agreed.

"But you work mostly on show and art projects, don't you, Daesung hyung?" Minzy asked.

"Well, that's true. But it's important to value regular make-up as well. I'll help out as a way of learning new things. What about you Youngbae hyung?" Daesung hyung asked.

"My main are of work is scenery photography." Youngbae hyung said in hesitance.

"I'd still like to ask if you could help" Top hyung said.

"Well, I don't have it in me to turn you down, Top hyung. Besides, Seungri is photogenic so it's fun to photograph him. I don't mind." Youngbae hyung said as he winked at me.

I swear to God. I will smack Youngbae hyung's head one of these days. Why is he flirting with me all the time? Or maybe I should just tell Jiyong hyung. Nah. He'll probably kill us both.

"Alright, let's begin then." Top hyung said.

The test shoot ends up becoming something of a contest...

~

"Minzy, your make-up is impressive. There's a real transparency to it. I hope I can photograph it well." Youngbae hyung said.

"Not at all... I'm just very honored to have you as the photographer!" Minzy answered humbly.

"I'm actually a landscape photographer, so don't expect too much. Alright, let's lower the light a little to give it a moonlight effect. Seungri, narrow your eyes a little." Youngbae hyung started to instruct. "Yes, nice. Now tilt your head and smile... good."

"Well, well, Daesung, if you continue to remain so complacent, you'll soon be surpassed by your junior!" Taehyun teased Daesung hyung.

"Haha. Taehyun, I agree with you completely! That being said, I won't go down without a fight! It's my turn now. Come, Seungri."

And so... I continue to change outfits and make-ups to meet their expectations of me.