Chapter Eighteen

She screams and runs away. I look at them both as the shrug. I step off the body or her father and run after her.

She ducks under the wire and keeps going into the forest area. I run faster and get right behind her.

Then she makes a turn at the train tracks and I lose her. I look aroubd nervously.

"Shit.." I pace. Left or Right. I take left and start racing down the track.  When I come to her she was downed by a walker that had a leg missing.  Ew.

She lets out a ear piercing scream as she is bit on her neck. The walker shows no mercy as he keeps tearing at her neck. I run stabbing it in the face. The little girls face was pale as the blood leaked from her neck.

"Don't....leave me.." She grasp my hand as her eyes struggle to stay on me. I turn around and sit next to her not letting go of her hand.

"I won't, " I smile. I didn't know this little girl but it was the least I could do..I murderd her father. Her eyes focus on me for a while and then they finally drift off. I feel sadness, she was so little and she died like this..Lizzie and Mika, Lizzie was my age for hells sake..Mika was just a year or two behind.

I step to the right side of the tracks and pick some semi-bloomed flowers. I place them over the girls heart and then move her hands over the flowers. I reveal the silver handled knife again. I close my eyes and stab the soon to be walker in the side of the head.  I slide the knife out from the skull slowly and walk away from the corpse holding back everything I felt.