Chapter Sixteen : DW

"You know, this is the first time I have felt safe for a while." Connor says sitting with me and Claire next to the tracks.

"Same here." I smile looking at the two.

"We are low on water and I saw a house not far from here maybe a water well." Connor says.

"No point in waiting right?" Claire says getting up.

"Ill race both of you..and win." I grin. I take off as they accept my challenege. The house comes into my sight as I slow up. I duck under the wired fence as they follow shortly behind me.

I stop fully seeing three graves with crosses in them, one was drapped by a pair of small shoes.

"Oh.." Connor says looking down.

"We have to check.." Claire comes behind us. I look back at her sniffing. 

"We can't..." I say.

"We have too." Claire says grabbing  the near by rusted shovel. I step aside thinking how distrustful this is.  She digs up the first two and then the last. I look down at the first two..I lean down removing the sheets over both.

"No...No!" I back from the graves, my eyes water rapidly and my ears ring. Mika and Lizzie.... Mika looked like she had been murder violently..lizzie was shot.  I fall backwards and tuck my legs to my chest. My heart races while Connor and Claire waiting for a understandable reaction.

I stand up holding my chest, I could feel my heart slowly stopping. I leg my way over to the graves again.  My eyes cross as my body leans. I couldn't tell if it was the bite I had or from the overwhelming two bodies. I hit the grass as I see Claire and Connor hung over me worried, my eyes close finally as my nerves calm.