Chapter Ten

"We could go hunting." Claire suggest.

"In the middle of the night?" I say.

"Better than nothing am I right."

"Fine.." I say.

"Be ready in five." She nods walking upstairs.

I pick up a leather like messenger bag that was empty. I stuff it with two knives , two cans of peaches , and arrows.

I grab the hunting bow and put it around me and over the back of the bag.

I grab a gun holder and slide the pistol from earlier into the holder that clipped around my waist.

"I see you pack up nice." She says.

"Who knows we could be out there a while. " I say opening the door into the darkness.

She gathers her stuff as we join at a slow pace threw the forest area.

"So..where you from a bigger group? " She says as we walk. I look forward answering her.

"Yea."

"Where are they?"

"We got split up.."

"Oh." She says looking down.

Snapping branches stop us as we hide behind a hugely placed rock.

"Ill look up." She says slowly peaking up.  A gun shot rang out chipping the rock.

"Oh shit!" I yell covering my head.

"C'mon out." The voice was country,  very country.

"Not these guys." Claire says rolling her eyes.

"Lets run..." She says. We take out from behind the rock.  I dodge branches and other forest objects.

A arrow launches into a tree I was going to cut behind.  I gasp turning around seeing a man holding a bow.

"What the f-" He shoots again as I duck.

I grab the pistol firing the first shot into his leg.

He falls over still shooting an arrow at me. The arrow cuts by my face.

I stand over him pushing hin back down with my foot.

Bushes in front of us move as it someone was coming.

I look down holding the gun at the man's head. His body trembles as I go to pull the trigger.

I look up seeing a man rush threw.

"Kayla.." He says.

"Daryl, " I say looking at him and the man I shot in the leg.

"Let em go."

"Fuck no." I say shaking my head.

"Kayla, let him go."

"You are with these assholes aren't you! " I yell.

He doesn't respond. I take my foot off the guys chest letting him try to recover.

I look back at Daryl then run off. A walker goes to fall on me but I hit it in the head with the end of the gun.

Another comes from behind and I push it back.

It charges me again  but before I could react a meat cleaver is launched into its skull.

The walker drops down dying. I look up and see who it was.

"Holy shit..." I say.