Chapter Seven

| Flash Back pt 1.|

The sun peers threw the boards that were against the window and they hit my face waking me up. 

I find myself on Connor's shoulder and he was still asleep. I get up from his side looking around for my weapons.

I pick them up grabbing my bow and arrow with black tape around the hold.

I open the front door and find Reed crying while sitting on a rock. I shake my head telling myself not to go over there.

I walk over to him disregarding my thoughts.

I sit next to the rock and look at him. "I miss her Kayla . "

His face was red from crying and his cheeks were stained with tears.

"We all do, but she might still be alive."

"Stop with the bullshit Kayla, you and I saw those things trap her.."

"There was nothing I could do." I look down sighing.

"It should have been you." He stands up walking back inside. I felt hurt, but maybe it should have been me.

I stand up and walk further from the house in depression, a snap from in between the branches sound as I turn lifting up the bow.

"Who is there," I say pulling the arrow back,

No response.

"Answer me!" I yell shaking. A walker comes out as I gasp and step back. I gain my stance as I pull the arrow back again shooting the arrow into its chest. It still stumbles over to me as I back up tripping over a rock. 

It falls on top of me as I struggle to hold it up.  I scream as I push it back by its chest while it's jaws snap at me. The walker gets lifted up then stabbed in the face by a man with an eye patch. He looks at me holding the gun at me as I slowly get to my feet.

"It's fine i'm not going to hurt you." He says as I back up slowly. He keeps his gun raised as I walk backwards.

"Don't move." He says as I keep moving backwards almost into the trees. 

"I said don't move!" He fires the first shot at me and it catches my leg. I quickly run threw the trees holding my bleeding leg. I get back to the house and rush into the door holding my leg. 

"Kayla?" Clem says making the others turn around. She runs to my side trying to help me. 

"I got her Clem." Connor says picking me up and carrying me to the bed in the back corner of the two room house. He grabs a cloth and places it over my bleeding leg before strapping it down with the little duck tape we have left. 

"You are going to be okay." He says smiling at me.

"I know I am."  I say smirking at him.

He moves my hair from my face. 

"What happened?" 

"Nothing, it's nothing." I say, he knows something happened but he doesn't continue to ask about it. He leaves the room while Clementine enters. 

"Kayla? Are you going to be okay?" She says.

"I'm going to be fine," I smile at her.

"Good, because I really don't wan't to die."

"What do you mean?"

"Without you, I wouldn't be here.." She says hugging me.

I hug her back thinking, 'She has to grow up in this shitty as place...as well as we do..poor girl,' I pat her on the back and break the hug.

"How about tomorrow we can go pick flowers in that field across the street."

"Yeah! I'm going to pick the most flowers ever picked." She says spinning around and then out the room. I sit up with the pain still in my leg as I look at the floor.

'Who was that man, why did he try to befriend me.' I think over and over until the thought of if he followed me here crashes in.

I could have just put everyone here in danger. 

(A/N Connor's picture should be at the side.. Reed's picture will be on Chapter 8 Clem's from the walking dead game but people may not know that so her picture will be on 9 :* Ily people, remember comment character names to be in the story I LAVE YAH, Team Brooke rawks.. x:* )