Chapter Thirteen

We walk in utter silence. Adam and Claire in the front while Connor and I bring up the back.

The train tracks stretch out forever untill we come upon a sign.

"This is the map." I say coming to the front.

"To get to this place we have to pass threw several towns. "Claire states

"Exactly."

"We could start over there, make a base.. welcome passing survivors. " She runs her finger along the map.

"You cant be serious. " I say.

"I am. Its safer." She says.

"No." I step to her.

"Who ever you are looking for is dead Kayla. "

"And how do you know."

"Because, its just not possible for then to be alive. "

"Im not going to believe that, until I see a body." I say shaking my head. Carl was probably at terminus already, with Rick and Michonne...and the others.

"We set up Camp here and leave in the morning. " I say walking off to the side of the train tracks.

They all follow before we clear an area. We lay out the sheets we took making two tents. 

"Its getting darker by the second. We left in the middle of the night so this will do." Claire says.

"See everyone in the morning." I say crawling into the spacious sheet tent. Connor follows after me.

I lay down looking across at him. He sat up straight fiddling with his thumbs.

"Connor.. who ever you lost, its going to be okay." I smile at him as he looks at me.

"Kayla, it Will never be okay...because they are after you next."