Chapter Fifteen

"Let's get moving." Claire says standing up from the dead old man. I turn and slowly get up as well.

Connor follows up behind me while Claire takes the lead back onto the train tracks.

It seems like hours that we have been walking, we finally approach the first abandoned town.

"We could set up there." Claire points to a large brick building. "We can start over,  welcome survivors. "

I shake my head no and look for Connor's agreeing with me but he stays out of it.

"How will you meet good people, if we dont stop. What are you running from Kayla!" Claire says yelling.

"Myself!" I yell back, " im running from my past!"

"You don't have the place to get loud, you killed my father!"

"I didnt do shit! He was bit!" I shove her.

"The least you can do is taking responsibility! " She pushes me with the same amount of force.

"Im not going to take responsibility for something I didn't do!" I scream.

"Fuck, We will savage the town and keep going! " Connor breaks us apart. I was ready to shoot a arrow threw her heart.

We all walk apart from each other.  I stay outside while Connor and Claire go into the large brick building.

The area I was in were boxed in by cars and a large moving truck. I look around kicking my feet in the rocks.

I climb the front of the truck and get to the top.  The truck rocked with unstable tires. I step forward slowly before slipping onto my back. I slowly sit up as the truck tilts pushing me off into the rocks and chalky foundations of the ground.

I lay there looking face up at the sun, I flinch in pain as I look at the two dead walkers I was laying between.

My eyes close as pain shoots into my arm were I was bit. I think about Carl, how his eyes always lit up my day, and his personality changed my mood always.   Then I thought about Daryl,  I saw him yesterday, his misguided red neck self. Then Rick, he took me in and could have left me for dead back at my first camp. Michonne more of the motherly figure since this thing hit and I met her. Judith and how she is going to grow up in this shit palace just like I did. Then I thought about how Claire was right, I was running and missed out on good people.. as well as Connor.. im putting their lives on the line and could I ask them.

The thoughts and names keep cycling as I lay there.

A shattering sound wrench my eyes open. I sit up looking around nervously, Connor and Claire were still not in sight. 

I get up slowly and see Claire and Connor running down the side walk towards me. They scream waving their weapons in the air pointing behind me.

Walkers bust from out the small alleyways  after they get into the boxed area with me.

I turn pushing the female walker against the bus and slam its head threw the truck window leaving it hung on the broken glass.

I kick one in the stomach making it fall over so I can smash its skull in. I look up seeing Claire and Connor on cars taking out walkers with knives and daggers.

I pick up the square and heavy road sign by the metal pole. I come behind the herding walkers and start swinging.

I take out three using the sign. My arm starts hurting. Connor and Claire hop down backing me while we take out the walkers.

I take out the last one by smashing its head with the metal part. I turn looking at the two.

Walker blood stained my face and hands while I breath hard.

"I was thinking...while I was laying down over there." I kinda turn in the direction of where I was laying, "I was thinking about how Claire was right.. I ran and missed good people, and I " I pause, "I can't get to terminus with you guys.. Claire even if Connor and I go alone we won't be able to do it alone.." I look up smiling .

"Lets get to terminus then.." Claire says. I grin as we take out walking again down the train tracks.