B1 Ch6: Tainted Clarity

---Atonement---  

"Big Brother? ...Big Brother?..."

Feya was anxiously running along the hallway. She was turning her head every corner but still couldn't find the person in question. By chance, he stumbled upon their Uncle Nil who came right outside the hall.

Seeing the young miss pushed back and almost fell, Uncle Nil immediately supported her shoulder and helped her steadied her feet. His warm smile subsided when he saw the young miss' anxiousness.

"Uncle Nil, big brother is mis-- no. Have you seen Father or Mother?" Feya didn't complete what she wanted to say. She shook her head for she suddenly remembered what her father reminded her to do if ever something happened. That was, to let them know it first.

"Milady has gone to Ethereal Shrine to pray for the Little Young Lord's health while Milord is in his study room." Uncle Nil replied.

"Thank you, Uncle Nil. Feya will go first." Feya hurriedly run again toward the study room.

Inside a room, complex symbols were scribed on the walls and floors. The bookshelves were full of scrolls made from beast's rawhide and even some tomes that emitted bizarre aura could be seen around. There were also books that scattered on the floor making a small layer-like-mountain.

On the table full of opened scrolls and books situated in the middle of the room, a man was sitting while studying some unknown scripture. His right hand holding a feather pen continuously wrote down on a piece of rawhide as he carefully studied the things in front of him. He flipped page by page and inspected various scripture on random materials. Doing this for a long time, his eyebrows started to furrow but the seriousness on his face only made his majestic appearance more imposing.

However, the door opened all of a sudden that made the man stopped. His serious face regained his usual calmness and eyed the small figure who run inside with an anxious face.

"Father! Father!" Feya hurriedly closed into Von's side and clutched his sleeves.

Von knew that something must have happened. He lightly waved his hand that made the left opened door close. Then, he held his mischievous daughter's hand and patted her head gently. "Tell your father."

Feya's eyes clouded. Tears began to form in her large beautiful eyes. She tried to hold it so she can properly say what she wanted to relay. "Father, Big Brother is missing. When I came to his room he was already gone. Something might happen to him we have to find him immediately!"

Tears continued to stream down on Feya's face. She was very worried where her brother could have been. Although she knew that her brother was already healed, his emotional state still wasn't that good. Knowing that Ceno venture outside alone, Feya would never feel at ease.

"I know." But Von only calmly replied to her mischievous daughter. Not a trace of worry could even saw on his face.

Feya was surprised. The streaming tears on her face lessened as she stared straight at her father with confusion. She couldn't help herself to ask some questions. "Then, did father let him go? Did big brother tell Father where he will be? Feya wants to see Big Brother."

The expectant eyes of Feya made Von plastered a helpless shallow smile. He lifted her mischievous daughter and put to his lap.

"It's better to let him go outside rather than to continue shut himself in the room. You have to understand Feya, your brother needs some time to be alone and think on his own." Von simply explained to her daughter.