B1 Ch5: Facade of Madness

---Atonement---

Two small feet were running on the corridor. Her dress was swaying together with her hair that styled with braids and a white flower. On a rush, she almost passed the place she intended to go. As she clumsily turned in a corner, her footstep gradually slowed down.

Feya quietly peeked from a distance. She was staring outside the doorstep where her beloved big brother resided. Outside the door, there was an empty bowl of food and a wooden glass. Feya gave a very cute wide smile. She couldn't help but feel happy seeing the breakfast she brought was fully eaten for the first time.

It's been days since Ceno shut himself in the room since he awakened. He just stayed in bed and sometimes seen staring far away out of the window. When someone tried to talk to him he didn't usually respond. Even if he did, he only uttered some short words when answering.

Ceno was undeniably depressed from what happened.

Before, Ceno didn't even touch his food but as time goes by he started to show some improvement. The food brought to him started to lessen as his words got a bit longer. Although he responds more often now, most of the time he remained quiet.

However, Ceno still indifferent compared from the former him. Never did he smile. Whenever Feya talked to him he just quietly stares at her for a while and then turned his head away. He barely answered so Feya usually asked his big brother questions that could be answer by yes or no and Ceno will respond either by nodding or shaking his head.

Only Feya could be this close to Ceno. The rest of the family didn't get much contact for Ceno didn't want to face them. Although this brought sadness to his family, they were more relieved that their little princess was there to take care of his brother.

Cena usually visited Ceno but he couldn't bring himself stepping inside. Everytime, he stood outside the door for a while before leaving with a sad smile. They normally sleep together so it was the first time that the twins were apart from each other.

The harmonious laughter of the siblings couldn't be longer heard. Neither the morning routine between the mischievous little sister and the carefree eldest brother was also nowhere to be seen. From the way things were going it seems like everything was really starting to change.

"Big brother! Big brother!" Feya was running excitedly calling out to his brother. She opened the door but was startled when she ended up seeing his big brother missing.

Ceno was nowhere to be seen. His bed was left empty. It was messy that the bedding was even scattered near the open creaking window.

Along with a small path, a small figure was walking feebly. He supported his body with his hand holding on the trees along the way. His eyebrows were in knotted and his breathing was hoarse. The shaded body of him under the trees was in bent while the other hand clutched on his head.

"S-stop...Stop...I don't want to hear anymo...re..." Ceno muttered while walking ahead. His mind was in chaos as a voice so familiar echoed on his mind. This voice repeatedly whispered words that trying to incite his deep ugly feelings. It uttered things that Ceno didn't want to be reminded of or even think about. It was so vexing that he could hear such harsh words with his very own voice.