"I am serious."

"Austin," I sobered up. "You can't ground me. First of all," I counted on my finger. "I'm eighteen. Second, you don't even live with me, so I'm my own guardian, meaning you can't ground me."

"Diana, we forbid you from seeing him. He's a rich business man, has it ever occured to you he's using you?"

I said nothing, and didn't deny it because I didn't want to seem naïve, when in reality I knew he wasn't. And even if he was... It didn't really matter because, "Guys calm down, we're not even together."

That made them even more mad. "So you're just screwing around with some rich man because daddy isn't coming back?" Austin shot.

Color drained from my face and I felt the cold slap on my cheek from his words. He knew it too, that's why he didn't get mad when James punched his leg and Bailey gave him a look that said, why would you say that?

I shook my head, recovering the best I could and stood up, rushing out of the restraunt and into my car, driving to anywhere but the house.

Is that what they believed? That that was why I was with Andy in the first place?

Is it true?

I groaned as the hunger kicked in and I stepped on the gas, letting some tears fall on my way to the place with many memories of me and father. And Erin, as well.

It's not true. I know I truly like Andy from the way my heart beats when I'm around him.

The beach was three hours away, so by the time I got there it was around ten o'clock and dark and cold.

I pulled out my large emergency box from out of my car and searched for the wallet that had fifty emergency dollars.

I walked along until I got to the small carts that sold corndogs and got two and scarfed them down when I walked back to my car.

In the back seat was a large comforter that I layed down on the sand, and got another blanket I layed on top and I stripped in the corner down to my sliders and tanktop.

I had water in my backseat and turned off my jeep. My alarm on my phone was set to two-o'clock so I could leave and be back for school at the right time.

Thoughts of Erin and I came to mind when I stared at the water and watched as the waves kissed the land desperately. We both loved the beach, I hated swimming, but she usually would hangout in the water all day while I seemed like a mom, sitting back in a lawn chair and being shaded from the sun. We went down there every summer, just the two of us, and we'd stay around there and she'd be able to convince me to flirt back with guys that stopped us and asked for our numbers. She always told me to give them the wrong number, so I did. She was a jokingly bad influence, but her parents were never around either. I couldn't blame her.

Laying back and staring at the suddenly-clear sky, I fell asleep to the breeze of the ocean, laughing memories, and the crash of the waves.

...

At two o'clock I hopped in my car quickly and sped all the way back home, making the drive only two-in a half hours.

No one was home and I got home much earlier than I expected and took a long bath.

When I got ready I had sand on my clothes, since I was stupid enough to throw my sandied blanket on my outfit. I was too lazy to care anyway and stuck with my t-shirt and Miss Me's.

I drove to the crappy coffee shop and bought crappy coffee because I definetly needed to stay up. "You look tired," The cashier observed.

"I am tired." I said, trying to chuckle but it came out as a short pant.