Chapter 28

*a few days later*

Ashley's P.O.V

Have you ever had a dream that you couldn't wake up from, but you tried your absolute hardest?

That's how I felt at the moment.

I wasn't able to spend time with the people I loved, and it was eating me up inside.

They would talk to me, and I could hear every word that was said.

A few of the football players came and wished me the best also. A few came by everyday.

Lucas and Roscoe were released a couple of days ago, but just like the rest of my family they visit everyday.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever wake up, but who knows maybe I'll wake up sooner than I think.

Roscoe's P.O.V

I sighed as I hopped in the backseat of the car.

I had just been released from the hospital, and I couldn't be happier, but I felt like I was missing part of me.

"Hey you alright back there?" Evan asked from the passenger seat.

"I'm fine just a little........I don't know." I said shaking my head.

"Look kid, it's going to be alright. Ashley is just resting at the moment." Coach said.

"She'll wake up, and when she does you'll be right there with her." Evan said.

That made me smile.

"Thanks guys I really needed that. Also, I don't know if I told you guys but I can't thank you guys enough for allowing me to stay with you guys. I promise I won't stay long, I just need to get back on my feet and find a job."

"The only thing you have to promise us is that you won't screw up with her." Evan said.

"I won't."

"Oh and Roscoe, don't worry about finding a job. We already got you covered."

Lucas's P.O.V

I was released two days ago from the hospital and let me tell you, it wasn't easy.

To start it off, yesterday, only Roscoe and I were released from the hospital. Ashley had to stay because she hadn't  woken up yet.

Then I found out my ribcage wasn't exactly in tact.

Which they didn't tell to Dylan until I decided to adjust the way I was sitting, causing sharp pains in my ribs.

And now my brother has to help me with everything I do, which I absolutely hate.

In addition to all of this we have make up work to do.

Today was Monday so that meant school. Dad offered to drive me to school but Jake had already volunteered.

I guess thing that has happened to me all week was Roman got approved to be a service dog.

Dad wanted someone to be with me all day just in case something happened, no matter how many times I told him that the guys and the girls had my back.

But as much as I protested having him at school, it wasn't so bad.

He was quiet in class and ate the cafeteria food like the rest of us.

Maybe this wasn't so much of a bad idea.

Kendall's P.O.V

I hated every moment of not being able to talk to Ashley and have some sarcastic, smartass, comment back.

Key is trying to keep it together, but that failed because we got into a heated argument and now we won't even look or talk to each other.

I can talk to one sister and not get a response, but now I can't even get a response back from one who I can talk to.

Life sucks at the moment but I guess I'll just have to deal with it until Ash wakes up.

I'm here for you little sis.

Keyontae's P.O.V

It has been brought to my attention that I have this thing called anger issues, but instead of it being constant it only appears after holding in my emotions for a long time. I accepted this and started going to a therapy group.

It helped me out a lot!

The therapist was actually Evan. The guy that helps out at the gym.

I asked him about the gym, and how everything was going since web been gone.

He said, and I quote,'shitty. When you guys aren't there it's like someones grandma flew off a roof and died', end quote.

We told him about what happened and he nearly closed the gym until she woke up, but with a little convincing, he didn't.

Now if you don't excuse me, I have a therapy group to go to.

Tyler's P.O.V

Seeing your closest cousin laying in a hospital bed not knowing if she'll ever wake up changes things.

She basically has a 50/50 chance of waking up or dying.

I just hope she wakes up remebering everyone, cause sometimes people change and don't remember anyone or anything.

*later that day*

Dylan's P.O.V

I was doing a little paperwork when my office door opened to see Roscoe standing in the doorway.

"Can I come in?" He asked looking a little nervous.

Probably because this is a police station and everyone here is armed with a gun and or a taser.

"Yeah. You can sit in the chair in front my desk."

He closed the door and all of the blinds before sitting down. I guess I was making a confused face because he responded with,' I like my privacy,'.

I decided to just ignore what just happened and ask the question all of us are wondering.

"So what brings you here?" I asked continuing my paperwork.

"I wanted to know what happened to James after the..... incident."

"Well...... he ended up with life in prison." I asked looking up to see his reaction.

He had a few tears in his eyes.

He put his head in his hands and took a shaky breath.

"Damn man." He said shaking his head.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, it's just.......I hate to see someone that I care about get life in prison."

I sighed.

"Son. There's nothing you could have done to try and stop him. He already had his mind set on what he wanted to do."

He was about to say something when the door opened to a crying Mason.

To be continued.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey guys I hoped you enjoyed the chapter.

It was you to be longer but I went ahead and broke it into two parts.

Also don't forget to follow me for information on my conversation board.

I would also like to know if you guys would like a third book about their kids.

If so comment on one of the two responses below.

YES! >>>>>>>>>

No. >>>>>>>>>>

JUST DO IT! >>>

Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Share.