Chapter 4

Mason

Lucas's P.O.V

Something happened yesterday and I know it.

James, Mason, Adam, and Anthony were all acting weird.

None of them would talk to me, which made feel as if whatever happened was my fault.

We were in first period right now. The bell should ring right about........now.

Riiiiiiiinng!

I was first one out of class.

I went to English and sat in the back of the class.

I don't take 2nd - 4th period with them. 5th period is lunch.

The rest of the class came into the class as the late bell rang.

Mrs. Tucker is our English teacher. Yesterday she made us write an essay on her syllabus. If you wrote a full page then you automatically for a free 100. Of course I took my oppurtunity and made a 100.

"Alright class. Let's get started with the lesson. Action, Adventure, Mystery, Fiction, Non-Fiction and etc. Those are some categories of books that authors write. I'm going to give everyone a different book to read. Your job is to write an essay on that book. A short summary of the book."

She passed everyone a book and gave me ' The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'.

"You may start reading of you would like to. If not your free to do anything else that you would like to do. As long as you don't disturb my class." She said sitting down at her desk and started finishing her word puzzle she had.

Mrs. Tucker is 30. She has two kids, a boy and a girl. They are 7 year old twins.

Her husband owns the bakery down the street. It's called ' Ron's backery'.

I read all the way up to the middle of the 2nd chapter until the bell rung.

Next up was History.

We don't have a techer yet this year. Apparently the last teacher quit, because the last class were so bad that she couldn't take it anymore.

So right now we just have a subsitute till we get a teacher.

*4th period*

Math class. The best and worst class you can take in school.

"Alright class do to an emergency you all will be seating in the classroom next door." Mr. Are said getting all of his stuff to leave.

"What's the emergency?" One the students asked.

"My wife's water broke." He said looking up at us with a smile.

We clapped for him and said congratulations, before he left the classroom to the hospital.

We walked to the classroom next door.

"Oh your Mr. Ard's students. Well I'm Mrs. Chandler's. You can sit anywhere there is a seat."

I looked around the classroom to see only a few seats open.

I also noticed that all of the guys were in this class.

Why me?

The only free seat left, before I knew it was the one in between your of them.

I sighed and sat in between the four of them. With the twins on my right side and James and Mason on my left.

It was an awkward silence between all of us, and I didn't like it.

I looked at the clock.

Okay Lucas only 5 more minutes till this class ends and then you can leave.

The intercom came on.

"Mrs. Chandler."

"Yes."

"Can you send Lucas Smith to the office please?"

"He's on his way. "

"Thank you."

I got up out of my seat and walked out of the classroom.

I wonder why I'm being called to the office.

I walked into the office and saw a police officer in the office, that I noticed to be Dylan.

Some of the women staff members were wiping their faces.

An officer with crying women. That's not a good sign.

"What's going on? Dylan why are you here?"

"Someone broke into your house." Dylan said with a sigh.

You know that feeling when you feel the world crashing down on you.

That's the feeling I had right now.

"M-m-my dad, and Roman. Where are they?" I said with tears streaming down my face.

"Calm down-"

"Don't tell me to calm down! Where's my dad and Roman?!" I said yelling by now.

"At the hospital-"

I ran out of the office leaving all of my stuff behind.

I ran out of the school and into the parking lot. I made it to my car and started the car.

Before I could pull off, someone knocked on the door.

I looked to my left to see Dylan.

"Open the door Luke. You're in no condition to drive. I'll drive you to the hospital. I don't want you to get hurt."

I hesitantly got out of the car and got in his police car.

I buckled my seat belt and we drove off.

Dylan's P.O.V

As we drove to the hospital, Lucas stayed silent.

He was looking out of the window with tears streaming down his face. He was biting is thumb nail.

"Luke how you holding up?" I asked glancing at him before looking back at the road.

He stayed silent for a moment before sniffing and then answering good.

"Good I guess. I just can't deal with the fact that my dad and Roman could be really hurt or worse." I said whispering the last part.

I started to say something but stopped when he started talking.

"Did you guys contact my brother?"

"Yeah. He's already at the hospital. I made him stay there instead of letting him pick you up. I didn't want him driving for the same reason as you."

He nodded and continued to stay quiet the rest of the way to the hospital.

*at the hospital*

I got out the car and started walking towards entrance when I realised that Luke wasn't with me.

I walked back to my car and opened the passenger door.

"You want to get out of the car?" I asked Lucas.

He shook his head.

I sighed.

"Well we have to go make sure your dad and Roman are okay."

He looked at me and sighed.

He got out of the car and walked in the entrance.

I hope this goes better than I think will.