Chapter 51: Alpha Archer's POV

Comincia dall'inizio

   "It's Matthew and he's just like me, he's a great guy," I said, knowing how well he was around me. He wasn't afraid of the other people, he may be younger than me, but he acted very maturely. 

    "That's very good, you should invite him to join us for dinner when you have the time," she mused, I could feel her smiling on the phone and giggling like a school girl.

    "I should, anyway, I got to go, training starts in ten minutes and I don't want to be late," I said to her.

    "Alright, goodbye, have a good time Archer, be a good boy!" my mother screamed into the phone, making me chuckle loudly. I could feel a rush of embarrassment flow through me as I heard my brother chuckle in the background. 

   "Be a good boy!" he laughed boisterously as I growled into the phone.

    "Shut up!" I screamed playfully before ending the call and laughing out loud in an empty hallway. My family was embarrassing.

        The next afternoon I got up ready for a new day, today was going to a lunch for those who were receiving therapy. There were over forty people in this building, I think 25 were male and the rest female. They were an alright bunch, they had their own friends and family and usually kept to themselves, unless someone started someone which was rarely.

    I dressed in a white tee and black pants, I didn't want to wear something too fancy considering the majority of these people didn't dress like that. I also did not want to attract any female attention, from what Matthew has told me, many of the she-wolves here were unmated and some of their heats were coming soon. I didn't want any of those she-wolves to take a liking to me because I am an Alpha, many she-wolves are attracted to a wolf's status.

  Sighing heavily, I took several steps inside the hall and smelt different wolves who were inside. Tables and chairs were placed around the building and a whole line of tables was littered with food and drinks, the black outlines of them indicated where they were. Music was playing in the background as people conversed with each other, I saw Matthew's aura hiding in the corner, eyeing the whole group as he sipped on his drink. I walked over to him and smiled.

    "Hey blind man," Matthew beamed brightly,

     "Hey, Matt. Any she-wolves stirring trouble," I chuckled as I eyed the aura of the females who were talking with each other.

     "Nah, they seem to be all good. How's Irene doing?" he questioned, sighing slowly as he leant on the wall.

     "Fine, I miss her," I admitted, brushing my hair back as one of the trainers handed me a drink and I thanked him.

     "You'll miss your mate, you're lucky you have her," he sighed, a sad tone in his voice as he looked away from the crowd.

     "She'll come around Matt, you seem to be doing well with her," I commented, patting his back slightly as reassurance. His aura brightened a little.

     "Hey Archer," a voice purred out, it was a female's voice. It was slightly high pitched and was a little too loud for my liking. My wolf stirred uncomfortably as a she-wolf appeared, a pinkish red colouring blossoming in the centre of her, indicating lust from the slight scent of arousal she had on her.

     "Hello Fae," Matt said, boredom evident in his tone as I heard him take a sip of his drink.

     "Matt, a pleasure to see you," Fae replied, her tone replaced with slight irritation, the heat of her stare still on me.

     "So Archer, care for a dance?" she asked me, taking a step closer to me and her smell practically gripped around me, suffocating me in an uncomfortable manner as my wolf growled, Venus did not like how close she was getting to me.

    "I'm good to thank you," I declined politely, hoping to not start something with her.

    "Aw, why not? Don't you want to have fun?" she said, a hint of playfulness in her voice as she took another bold step towards me.

    "I'm fine right here," I said again, a little firmer this time, hoping she'd leave me alone.

     "Come on Archer," she persisted again, taking another bold step that her breasts were only skimming my chest. The feeling repulsed me, making me step back.

     "I have a mate Fae," I told her, but seemingly that did not work as I saw her shiver from calling her name. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

     "She's not here is she? Besides, she'd want you to have fun?" she beamed, but I snorted and looked away from this pathetic she-wolf.

     "Of course she would, but I don't think she appreciates me dancing with someone who doesn't have any respect for the high ranked," I said, a growl threatening to come through my throat because of this she-wolf. However, Fae only grew more persistent and place one of her slimy hands on my chest.

    "Hands off Fae," I growled, taking her hand off mine, hoping she got the hint. She only huffed in reply, but thankfully she got the hint and walked away.

     "Dude, you handled her well. Loyal, a good trait in a mate," Matthew beamed and slapped me on the back.

     I chuckled in response and only smiled.

    "If only my mate was here, she's slap that she-wolf and starts a war," I muttered as the gap in my chest increased, Goddess, how I missed her.

A.N A SLIGHT LONG CHAPTER. HOPE YOU LIKE IT BAES.

 HOPE YOU LIKE IT BAES