Ch. 33

It was a week later that I woke up, troubled by that same dream about Fiona. I could still see exactly what Cordelia had. How she had died. How she had been murdered. I wiped away the tears and rolled out of bed. It was time for the Seven Wonders test. I wouldn't be participating though. I walked down the stairs to find my aunt Stevie, holding Nadir helping him eat baby food. She looked over at me and smiled brightly. "There's my little skylark!" she shouted. I rushed over to her. She had barely rose from her seat as I threw my arms around her neck. She laughed as she rubbed my back and we backed away from each other slowly. She cleared her throat. "I have something for you." I watched as she withdrew a black velvet box. She held it out to me and I took it from her.

I opened it up and gasped. Inside was a beautiful necklace. A clear necklace hung from a leather strap. It was gorgeous. "This is beautiful, Stevie," I whispered. She chuckled.

"It was your mother's. She insisted on wearing it on her wedding day..and when she tried out for the Seven Wonders."

"Mom could've been the next Supreme?" Stevie nodded her head.

"Yep. She made it through everything except commanding someone else's mind. Thank goodness she was alright though. She had always said that she would have her daughter wear it as a good luck charm...and I promised her that you would wear it before she died."

"She's alive," I blurted out. Stevie's eyes widened in surprise. "Papa told me when he tried to take Nadir from me. She's alive, Stevie." She nodded her head and cleared her throat.

"Well...then wherever she is...I hope she knows how good of a woman you have become." I smiled at her and reached around my neck, taking off the necklace that Fiona had bought me. I held it out to her and she took it with curious hands.

"Fiona gave that to me the day after I had gotten here. You were better friends with her than I was. Not only that but I want you to have it. It means a lot to me...just like you do." Stevie smiled at me sadly. She had really cared about Fiona. They had been like sisters before my mother's passing. She hooked it around her neck and she kissed my cheek.

"I love you, Rhiannon."

"I love you too, Stevie." Stevie started to cry.

"Please come back to me. Even if your mother isn't dead, she still isn't here...and I can't lose you too." I nodded my head, starting to cry too.

"I know that. I promise, Stevie." She threw her arms around me tightly and I was crushed into her. She stepped back and patted my shoulder.

"You should go get ready." I nodded my head and walked around to Nadir. I leaned down and kissed his head.

"Momma loves you, Nadir," I whispered to him.

'Be careful, Momma," he thought back to me. I smiled sadly as I hurried back up to my room. Once I had finished getting ready, I opened the door as Misty walked by. I walked towards Cordelia's office and I saw Myrtle open the door, trying to guide Cordelia out. I walked up to them and Myrtle smiled as she moved aside. I took Cordelia's hand and pulled her back into the office, closing the door behind me.

"Myrtle, we need to get downstairs. The girls are all waiting for us." I sighed heavily and took her face in my hands. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers. She softened and moved her lips against mine.

"It's me," I whispered. I felt her swoon and I reached forward, catching her hips in my hands. She gave me a small smile.

"I know. You are the only person I know who kisses that good." I smiled. "What are you doing here?" I took in a deep breath, knowing that I had to get it off my chest.