Ch. 26

I laid back down next to Camellia, my heart feeling torn. My girlfriend sounded so upset without me at home. Camellia turned over and looked me in the eyes. "You thoughts are so upsetting," she said. I shrugged my shoulders.

"My girlfriend just sounded so...upset...like something was going on. I swear if that asshole ex of hers was there, hurting her, I'll kill him!" I took a deep breath, forcing myself to calm down. I looked over at her and her eyelids were starting to get heavy. "Get some rest, Camellia. I promise that you're safe here." She slowly nodded her head. She reached her shirt and gave me her ring tied around the leather strap. She put it into my hand and closed my fingers around it.

"Marry her, Evanora. Make her yours forever and always." I was stunned that she had given me her ring and I shook my head.

"I can't take this from you, Camellia. Your lover gave this to you." She shook her head.

"Take it, Evanora, and if she doesn't marry you, bring the ring to my sister. Her name is Marie Leveau. She leaves on the other side of town in New Orleans." I nodded my head and slipped it into my pocket. I took her hand in mine and squeezed it.

"Thank you so much, Camellia." She nodded her head.

"You're welcome, Evanora." With that, we fell asleep, holding hands.

Three weeks later, Cordelia wasn't even answering her phone. It was when Fiona called me in the middle of the night, that I became scared. "Fiona, what's going on? Is Cordelia okay?" I asked frightenedly. She was crying.

"I don't know what to do, Evanora. She's standing on the balcony, getting ready to jump!" I froze, nearly dropping my phone. "Evanora, you have to find a way to get here!" I nodded my head.

"I'm coming." Camellia looked at me, confused. "Cordelia, is going to jump." Her eyes widened. "I'll be back. I'm going to spirit jump to her." She nodded her head as I headed for the tent. I laid down, concentrating on Cordelia's face in my mind. I felt my spirit leaving my body. I opened my eyes again and I was floating in the air, in front of the house. I could see Cordelia, standing at the top of the balcony. I transmutated to be at her side. She was crying and the wind billowed through her hair. "Cordelia, can you hear me?"

"Evanora? Is that you?" I nodded my head.

"Yes, honey, I'm here. Please don't jump. I promise I'll be home soon."

"Evanora, I can't!" I hushed her and reached forward, my hand making contact with her cheek.

"Yes, you can, Delia. You are a strong woman and I love you so much, because you make me stronger and a better person. Cordelia, I can't live without you, even if I wanted too. You're my angel. My miracle in disguise." She wiped the tears away.

"I love you too, Evanora." I smiled and swayed forward, planting a kiss on her cheek.

"I'll be back to you soon, my love." She reached for me and she slipped off the balcony. She screamed as she fell. I spotted Misty on the ground, staring up in sorrow. I swooped down, landing inside of her. I sprinted forward, catching Cordelia in my arms. She opened her eyes and stared right into mine. "Things will get better from here, I promise." She smiled and brought my face down to hers. She brushed her lips against mine.

"I love you, Evanora." I smiled sadly and I felt myself being expelled from Misty's body. I shot back up, gasping for air as I came back. Camellia came running in, looking grim.

"She is alright?" I nodded my head and stood up. She nodded her head and stepped back out of the tent.

'Evanora, I think I'm ready,' Buddy said. I froze and ran after Camellia. I grabbed her hands and knelt down before her.