Ch. 32

A month went by and Cordelia had left me alone for the most part. For the past week though, I have noticed that Misty hadn't been around much and an even big (not) surprise was that Cordelia was depressed about it. She'd sit in her office, working even though she was about as blind as a bat. I walked into my room and screamed. Papa was looming over Nadir's playpen and he looked over at me, his creepy smile set on his face. "Hello, Mama," he greeted. His tone was hard and scary, making me want to call for help.

"Hi, Papa," I replied shakily. I heard Nadir begin to fuss, and I stood there frozen with fear. Papa rested his hand against the edge of Nadir's playpen.

"This is my son?" he asked carefully. I gulped as I nodded my head. I twisted Camellia's ring around my finger nervously. "He is beautiful." I smiled, really worried.

"Yes, he is." I folded my arms over my chest.

"He has his mother's eyes." I nodded my head.

"Yeah, he does. Unless he is showing his demon side." He smiled and I felt myself begin to squirm. He tried reaching down into the playpen, but his hand shot back, smoking. He hissed in pain and he held his smoking hand. "Is there something wrong?" He looked over to me, his red eyes chilling me to the bone.

"I can't touch him. I can't hold my own son, Evanora. Why? Why is that?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know, Papa." I stood there, not moving, while Camellia's voice rang in my head. I remembered our last conversation. She had begged me to keep Nadir away from Papa. I clasped my hands together, my palms sweaty. He started to walk over to me, the lights flickering. I was really wishing that Fiona was in the house right then. He was just mere inches from me.

"You know why, little Mama. Camellia bound my child to you and unless you give me permission to take him, I can't." I nodded my head.

"I see. That really is a problem."

"Then say it." 'You have to keep your promise to Camellia.' I thought to myself. I shook my head.

"No." His eyes widened in surprise.

"No? That's funny because I am the one who gave you the order to take care of everything for me."

"Yeah, and I did. Nadir is perfectly content where he is at now. So, why take him from me?" He shook his head, and I could tell that he was starting to get pissed. The lights began to flicker faster and faster.

"Evanora, I feel as if I have to remind you that I am the only reason that you can see at all." I dug my nails into my palms, anger taking over.

"That was my mother's deal with you. Not mine."

"Believe me, I know."

"You took my mother away from me, Papa. She is dead. My sight didn't matter to me then and it doesn't now." He turned around, ready to blow.

"The only reason you have your sight is because your mother continue to provide me with favors! She keeps her end of the deal every time!" I froze and my jaw dropped.

"She's alive?" My heart began to race in my chest. He sighed heavily.

"Yes...she is. Has been this whole time." I started to feel sick to my stomach. I glared at him and he flew across the room, along with anything that wasn't nailed down. He stood up to his feet and I took a deep breath, letting everything fall to the floor. I unclenched my fists as he turned to face me. "Leave, Papa Legma. You are forbidden to enter this room or come near this child." I watched him disappear in a flash, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Nadir started to bawl and I ran to him. I scooped him into my arms and held him to my chest. "It's okay, honey. Momma's here. Momma has you. That bad man won't get you I promise." I kissed his head multiple time and held him against my chest.