Ch. 13

I was shaken awake by Myrtle, and I hurried to my feet. She put my collar back on and took the leash in her hand. She dragged me after her down the stairs. We stopped before Cordelia and Fiona. "Say goodbye to the ladies, Evanora," she ordered me. I took in a deep breath and I bowed before them.

"Goodbye, ladies," I said in a robotic monotone. Cordelia's eyes filled with sadness. Fiona stepped forward and planted her lips firmly on mine. She leaned real close and whispered in my ear.

"That's from Cordelia." I smiled at her and took a last glance at Delia as Myrtle dragged me out the door. "I love you!" I smiled as she gave subtle gesture towards Cordelia. I blew her a kiss as Myrtle slammed the door shut behind us.

*Cordelia's Pov*

I smiled and held my hand to my heart as I caught her kiss. I truly was amazed at how beautiful she was, and I wiped away a few tears as I thought about the torture of spending the next few months without her. Fiona touched my shoulder. "She will be back in just two months. In the meantime, we should go get a few drinks," she told me. I nodded my head and went upstairs to get my coat. I came back down with her and we went to a bar that was on the other side of town. I left the girls with Delphine and Spaulding.

I tipped back a shot and stared at Fiona. "So, who is the next Supreme?" she asked me. I laughed and shook my head.

"I don't know, Mother. It could be anyone of the girls, minus Madison." She laughed and I stood up. "I have to go use the restroom." I walked back to the bathroom and used one of the vacant stalls. I was washing my hands, thinking that I was alone. I didn't see the person step out of the stall. I looked up, but it was the last time I would see anything ever. I felt the burning sensation as my eyes were burnt. I screamed in pain, begging for someone to come and help me.

Eventually someone did, but it was my mother. She wrapped her arms around me as the paramedics arrived.

*Evanora's Pov*

I sat straight up in my bed as I felt my eyes burn. I got up and hurried to the bathroom. I turned on the sink and splashed some cold water into my eyes. I rubbed the water into my eyes until the pain subsided. I took deep breaths as the water dripped down my nose. I grabbed a hand towel and dabbed at my face. I looked into the mirror and saw my reflection. The area around my eyes was red and looked burnt up in some places. I touched it gently and it stung as my finger brushed against it.

I winced in pain, and my heart stopped. "Cordelia," I said as I ran from the bathroom. I grabbed my jacket and shrugged it on. I ran for the door and I fell backwards as the chain reached its end. I groaned in pain and Myrtle turned on the light by her bedside. "Where on earth were you thinking of going?" she asked harshly. I was panting from fear. Not from being caught, but from the fact that the woman I loved was in pain, but I couldn't tell Myrtle that.

"It's Fiona. I think she is in trouble." I rolled onto my hands and knees.

"Fiona can take care of herself, Evanora. You should know that." I shook my head.

"And what if I'm wrong? What if it's Cordelia that is in danger?" Her face fell and she pointed to the small mattress on the other side of the room.

"Get back into your bed. I will check on them." I was about to protest when she held her hand up. "I don't need you and Fiona exchanging saliva in my presence again like this afternoon." I sighed heaviliy and crawled back to the mattress. I laid on my back and closed my eyes, praying that Delia was alright.