Ch. 34

I blew right through the challenges, much to Madison's dismay. At the last challenge, I was able to find another Supreme's item, whereas she did not. I rose to my feet as she stomped up the stairs to go pack. I walked around the table, heading for the greenhouse, but someone came up behind me and kissed me deeply. I smiled as I tasted that hint of strawberry of Evanora's lips. She pulled back and rested her forehead against mine. "Good luck, Delia," she whispered. "I know you'll do great." I smiled as I pictured her face, smiling right back at me, and then I knew that I had to say what was long overdue.

"Evanora, there is something that I have to tell you," I whispered.

"Cordelia, come along now dear," Myrtle called. I took in a deep breath.

"Just give me a minute, Myrtle!" I closed my eyes and tried to think of what to say. "Evanora, I just wanted to say that...that I love you. I don't I could have ever done what you did. Giving up your son...just so I could say goodbye to Misty, letting me be with Misty, and every single sacrifice that you made for me. I owe you so much, and I just needed you to know that I-"

She silenced me as she pressed her lips against mine. She stepped back, releasing me. She touched my shoulder. "You'll be fine, Cordelia, but please stop apologizing. I only did any of that out of love. Now go. Zoey is losing precious time." I nodded my head and she moved her arm. I heard her walking away and I turned around, trying to find my way to the greenhouse. Myrtle approached me and removed my glasses. She placed me right next to the table and I leaned down. I blew a soft stream of air into Zoey's mouth and I had started to feel lightheaded.

When I came to, the sun was shining and I could see! I looked up at Myrtle and Queenie. I turned my head to look at Zoey, who was sitting on the greenhouse table, smiling at me. I rose to my feet and smiled back at her. "Hi," I said softly. I stood in front of her legs and her eyes were gleaming.

"Hey," she replied sweetly. "It is an honor to serve you...Supreme Delia." I chuckled and threw my arms around her. Everyone laughed and I stepped back from her.

"I think Evanora and Kyle are going to love seeing you." Zoey smiled and hopped off of the table. She walked out, followed by Queenie, while Myrtle took my hand, walking me out.

*Evanora's Pov*

I was sitting on the couch, bouncing my knee nervously. "Hey," a voice said behind me. I turned my head and saw Zoey. Her lips were still a faint purple, her skin was pale, and her dress was still stained with dried blood. I jumped up and ran to her. I picked her up and spun her around in the air. She laughed as I set her back down on her feet. I looked up the stairs.

"Kyle! Kyle, come quick!" I shouted. He came charging down the stairs and he stopped in his tracks when he saw Zoey.

"Zoey," I heard him say. She smiled up at him and he ran down the stairs. "Zoey!" He wrapped his arms around her, lifting her into the air as she threw her arms around his neck. They turned their heads towards each other and kissed. What came next truly warmed my heart. Kyle put Zoey back on her feet and got down on one knee. "Marry me...even though I don't have a ring." Zoey's eyes widened in surprise.

"Kyle, are you even sure about this?" He nodded his head, grinning like a fool.

"Zoey, I lost you once...I sure as hell don't want to do it again." Everyone awed and I looked over at Delia. Her and Myrtle were whispering to each other and it made me nervous, but I looked back over at my best friend, who was still standing there in shock. Cordelia's face brightened and she ran up the stairs. I looked up after her, confused. She came back down and walked over to Kyle. She extended her hand, holding a silver ring between her fingers.

"This was my mother's engagement ring that my father gave to her. I am giving this to you...as a token of my blessing," she said sweetly. Kyle took it from her and looked over at Zoey, his smile still on his face.