Chapter 19- Endless Love

This chapter is very emotional and potentially depressing, so please read with care :) And sorry if this sucks, but I wrote this today and I have laryngitis and I'm drugged up on meds lol so... ;)

-----

(Jade's P.O.V)

An irrepressible fear of the unknown suffocated me as Perrie, Sam's family, friends, Jesy, Leigh-Anne and I awaited an update on Sam in the waiting area.

The hospital had been closed off and only people who were already being treated were permitted inside. The tour had been put on hold at the least, again. At this rate we'd be at retirement age before we would get to complete it.

It had been four tantalising hours since I had been dragged away from Sam so he could be treated in the hope of a miracle.

The doctor had informed us he had been shot in the little nook between his neck and shoulder and the chances of him surving were literally non-existent. In fact, they were clueless as to how he'd even managed to stay alive this long.

As I stared blankly into the distance, reminiscing of all our memories together and contemplating just how much he meant to me, I heard a pair of feet shuffling towards me. I looked up hesitantly to find Sam's surgeon and doctor before me.

"How is he?" Sam's mom asked desperately, her voice tainted with uttermost despair.

The surgeon eyed the doctor and nodded his head at him. The doctor took a deep breath before revealing what was literally a matter of life an death. The unbearable pain of horrible anticipation crippled my entire body as he gathered himself to speak.

"Mr. Craske is in a critical condition" he paused, "I regret to inform you that he isn't going to make it"

No words can ever come close to describing how dreadful I felt at that moment. Recall the most awful feeling you've ever experienced. Multiply its capacity by a hundred and you still have nothing on how I felt in that moment.

Attempt to imagine the excruciating pain you would encounter if you were slowly put to death by being crushed with ridiculously heavy stones. That's somewhere close to how I felt. I was entertaining three of the most horrible emotions ever known to the human race; sorrow, guilt and misery.

But I was not the one who was dying. That was Sam. It was my fault he was like this, on his deathbed. I would soon be a gruesome muderer.

Perrie immediately wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into her. Not even the love of my life could cheer me up in such a state of anguish. I felt her tears trickle onto my forehead, which only added to my already enormous despair to know that she was so upset too.

"H-how l-long has he left?" Mitch croaked, tears streaming down his cheeks which were attached to a face of pure desolation.

"Not long... we suspect two hours at the most. Although, he is currently concious and responsive, he is under agonizing pain. Family are first to say goodbye, then non-relatives can sort amongst themselves regarding the order in which they will pay their respects" the doctor issued.

Sam's family promptly rose from their seats went to say farewell to my hero.

"Jade... don't cry baby. Be proud of him. He was an amazing man" Perrie whispered, her voice cracking slightly.

"Don't cry?! Don't cry?!" I hissed tearing myself out of her grasp and leaping from my seat

"It's my fault he's even like this!!" I rebuked. "He would have been much better off never even meeting me, I'm nothing more than a curse! For Sam, you and myself!"