Chapter 14- The Fear

Hey guys ;) I'm enjoying writing this fic again (yay) which means that the break I took from this was just what I needed;) Anyway, here's ch14, I hope you like it! And don't forget to vote, share & give me your feedback,  thank you! :D

-----

(Jade's P.O.V)

It could have been anyone of them; the man at the table, the waitress, the man at the counter. Absolutely anyone could have been part of the group.  I regretted stopping in this restaurant.

I was freaking out ever since that note was found a week ago. I was so nervous and jittery and I trusted hardly anyone. 

We had finally arrived in L.A the day before and we would be evenutally resuming our tour tonight. In fact, we had only stopped in this place on the way for something to eat and we were on the journey to the arena where our show was on. 

I had made a public apology the day after my bust-up with the pap and although some coverage media was still negative, most fans seemed to have forgiven me and saw that I only did what I did to protect the woman I loved. 

It was our first show since not only my public outburst, but since the explosion too. It was time to show everybody that we were as strong as ever and not 'falling apart', as some media had called us.

I left the restaurant hand-in-hand with Perrie,  Leigh-Anne and Jesy behind us. Perrie had been very worried about me all week.  But then again, I guess I couldn't blame her. I had been a right mess and I wasn't good at hiding it.

Once the four of us and John, surrounded by our huge security team, ploughed through the crowd that had gathered, supposedly after hearing we were inside, and into the van, Perrie questioned me again.

"Jade, you alright babe?" she took my hand, rubbing the palm of my hand with her thumb. 

"I'm fine" I said listlessly.  I hated being so harsh on her but she didn't need my worries hanging over her too. She already had enough to be putting up with, what with her concussion.

"Jade" she said sternly, grabbing my chin to switch my gaze from out the window to her. "Tell me what's up, Jade, please"

Her ocean blue eyes stared into my soul, trying to summon an answer from me.

I sighed heavily and rubbed my temple, attempting to relax myself.

"I'm just worried, Perrie,  they could be anywhere. They could be in the car right behind us, they could have been in the restaurant,  who knows, they may even have planted a bomb under this very car. It could be ticking away as we spe-"

"Enough, Jade!" Perrie interjected.  "Babe I hate giving out to you but you've really been getting on my nerves recently.  I try to talk to you but you just ignore me. Have you any idea how frustrating that is? I'm trying my best to stay healthy and not get stressed but it's bloody impossible when my own girlfriend pretends like I'm not even there!"

"Now listen here baby" she continued, "I know you're scared but you need to stop worrying baby. You need to take your mind off that nonsense! We have a show tonight and it's probably the biggest in our careers so far. I, and I'm sure you and Leigh and Jesy do too, want us to do well but we can't do that if you're so worked up. And most of the attention is on you. You've got to relax babe"

She was right. She was completely right. I was getting worked up over nothing.  Sam, who had had to return to London to his job,  had gotten us the best security company in the business to protect us. We had 10 massive, muscular bodyguards, 24-hour protection and we had hundreds of top class security guards in line for our concerts. In truth, there really wasn't anything to be afraid of.