Chapter 5- All That Matters

Hey guys :D so I know this chapter is quite short, but I wrote it on my phone and my thumbs got sore so yeah lol :D anyway i promise ill make the next chapter extra long to make up for it! Please vote, comment and share, thanks guys! :*

-------

(Perrie's P.O.V)

I was awaken by a soft pair of lips. "Hey babe" Jade greeted me with that smile that made me weak at the knees. If I was standing rather than lying in bed I would have probably found it hard to keep upright.

Jade was sitting on top of me, still smiling ever so sweetly. I noticed she was wearing my shirt from the day before, which made me feel warm inside. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be with someone as beautiful as her.

"Hey Jadey" I giggled, bringing my hand to her cheek and rubbing it softly with my thumb.

"I figured I'd wake you up because Zayn's interview is on air in 10 minutes" she explained.

The interview! I'd forgotten completely about it. An inevitable sinking feeling erupted in my stomach. I was so nervous. What if everyone had a huge backlash against me because of this? But I didn't care. It would mean I was one step closer to revealing Jade and I's relationship, which was all I gave a damn about.

"Oh yeah! Thanks baba" I smiled, brushing her hair behind her ear, and kept my eyes on her beautiful face, which caused her to blush slightly.

"No bother Pez" she giggled. I brought my other hand to her other cheek and kissed her gently.

We pulled away smiling and Jade jumped off of me and onto our bedroom floor.

"Right, Edwards!" she exclaimed. "Time to get out of bed!" her announcement was met by a groan of disapproval by me, but she just rolled her eyes playfully.

In one skilled movement (she had done this hundreds of times before to me) she threw the covers off of me.

"Come on baba!" she started pulling me up by my hand, "We've got to see how he badmouths you" she winked.

I rolled my eyes playfully, and with the assistance of Jade's outstretched hand, I hauled myself from bed.

Jade took my hand and hesitantly I followed her to the kitchen, where our radio was. I took a deep breath. I hoped he'd make me look as good as possible, as much as I knew this needed to be done, I still didn't want fans to lose respect for me for it.

------

"So onto the good stuff now, Zayn!" the radio interviewer, Nick Grimshaw, laughed. "You're dating Perrie from Little Mix, right?"

Zayn stayed silent for a moment, to add a bit of supense, "Emm... actually no, not anymore. We've split up" he responded, in quite a dejected voice. I knew he was a good actor, we used to always have to act while we went on public 'dates', of course.

"Woah!" Nick gasped, "Why? Was it to do with those controversial pics?!"

I held my breath. What was he going to say? I shuffled nervously on the couch. Jade noticed my unease and squeezed my knee gently. I waited nervously for the Bradford man to answer.

"Well yeah, but not just that. Perrie was drunk out of her mind that night. Jade told me" he explained.

I smiled at the idea of adding that I was drunk in. "Did I?" Jade joked. I hit her on the shoulder playfully.

"But our relationship was failing anyway" he continued, "It became so hard to even text her or even have a quick phone call with her because of our hectic schedules. Even when she went home at night we couldn't speak 'cos I would be off in China doing some interview"