Chapter 9- I Will Always Love You

I'm sooo sorry I didn't update this yesterday but I had alot going on.... ;) But anyway here's chapter 9, keep voting, sharing and giving me your feedback, thank you sm guys! Love ye! :D

---------

(Jade’s P.O.V)

“Let me go!!!” I screamed as Leigh and Jesy attempted to pull me back, tears flowing from their eyes.

“Perrie!” I whimpered, desperately trying to wrestle myself from their grip as I watched Perrie being rushed down the hall of the hospital into theatre.

“Perrie!” I continued screaming, or as close to it as I could with my mouth so dry and tears streaming down my cheeks. The last thing I remembered before being put to sleep was looking down at my hands, soaked in my girlfriend’s blood. This was so surreal. What the hell had just happened?

-------

“I know, Jes, but what if it was more than just a terrorist attack?” I woke to the faint whispers of Leigh and Jesy’s conversation.

“W-what do you mean?” Jesy stuttered. There was a nervous pause before Leigh finally answered. She took a deep breath before doing so.

“What if it was something to do with them coming out?”

My heart stopped. That couldn’t have been it, could it? I mean I knew that there would be some groups against us, but they couldn’t have gone this far? I felt myself go weak all over again. My body was in a state of complete shock. I opened my eyes and tried to get off the seat I was rested on. As I did I found I was much, much weaker than what I initially thought and I collapsed to the floor.

“Jade!” Leigh shouted as she and Jesy noticed me and they ran straight over, hauling me from the ground.

“Where’s Perrie?!!” I demanded. Leigh looked at Jesy nervously, as if they were contemplating as to whether they should tell me or not. Jesy gave Leigh a little nod, signalling for her to tell me of Perrie’s whereabouts.

She sat me back into the chair and took my hand, rubbing it softly. I relaxed a little, this always calmed me. “She’s still in theatre, Jade”

A numb feeling washed over my entire body and I immediately felt sick.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. I closed my eyes, hoping that it was all just one big nightmare. But to my utmost horror, it wasn’t. It was reality.

“She’s still in there?” I cried, not able to control my emotions. More tears burst out of my eyes. Jesy wiped them away with her sleeve, her own face ridden with pain, as was Leigh’s.

“It’s only been a few hours” Jesy assured me.

“I don’t care! I need to see her! I need to see that she’s okay!” I sobbed.

“Ssshh, Jadey! The doctor said once they’re finished then he’ll come get you right away and you can see her, okay?”

I slammed my fist on the arm of the chair. “I need to see her now!” I yelled.

At that very moment, a doctor walked in. “Excuse me, but Ms. Edward’s surgery is completed”

I scrambled out of the chair and right up to him. “How’d it go?” I asked desperately.

He bit his bottom lip. My heart sunk. I knew it was going to be bad.

“Ms. Edwards has acquired some quite serious head injuries. The force of the heat from the explosion shattered the windows of the car, which subsequently made the glass go straight into Ms. Edwards”

I closed my eyes again, praying furiously that this was not happening.

“Ms. Edwards is very lucky” he continued, “If the glass was any weaker than it could have been life threatening”

My head shot up. “So her injuries aren’t life threatening?!”

He shook his head, “Fortunately, no, Ms. Thirlwall. But her injuries are still quite serious, she received a blow to the back of her head, which will probably take her a month or two to recover from. But mentally, there is no permanent damage, she’ll have no memory loss or anything of such sort, but physically she will more than likely forever have some scars on her head, neck and shoulders, but otherwise, Ms. Edwards is okay”

I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I was so relieved she was okay, and that I wouldn’t have to face any fatal circumstances. Perrie was my life now, the last thing I wanted was to lose her.

“Can I see her now?” I croaked.

The doctor smiled slightly, “Of course, follow me”

Leigh and Jesy helped me up but I regained some strength and signalled to them that I was okay to walk by myself. Whatever I had been given had definitely calmed me down but it had considerably weakened me too.

As I walked with the doctor people gasped and stared at me, as if they were surprised to see that I was alright. Thankfully me, Leigh and Jesy were on the side of the van furthest from the explosion, meaning we weren’t hurt that bad, we escaped with only a few cuts. But the same couldn’t have been said for Perrie, she felt the full blow of the explosion.

The explosion had come from the T.V studio we had just exited before it happened. I looked at one of the T.V in the waiting areas on my way to find that nobody had been fatally hurt, which I was so relieved at. It was like a miracle, especially as there we so many mixers around us at the time. Perrie’s name was headlined on the news and there was even a presenter broadcasting outside the hospital.

I turned away from the TV, remembering where I was heading to. We eventually reached a room at the end of a narrow corridor, which was guarded by three big, muscular security guards. No paparazzi were getting into this room anyway, I thought.

The doctor motioned for me to enter the room. I took a deep breath, trying to collect myself. But nothing could have prepared me for what I saw. The sight of Perrie’s lifeless body broke my heart into a million tiny little pieces. I rushed over to her and took her hand, rubbing it gently.

“She’s resting at the moment, she’ll wake soon” the doctor informed me, “Now I’ll give you some time alone together” he said before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

I sat next to my beautiful girlfriend, taking it all in. I laughed slightly, only Perrie could actually make bandaging around her head look actually stylish. I leant forward and kissed her forehead.

“Hey baby” I whispered, although I knew she couldn’t hear me, I still wanted to talk to her. “You’ll be fine baba, it’s just a few scars, and anyway you’ll have me to look after you. I’ll be there every step of the way” I smiled, a little tear escaping my eye.

I took her hand in mine. “We’ve gotten through so much, Pez, we’ve grown so much stronger and that’s why I know we can get through this. You’re my one and only and I love you baby, I will always love you” I kissed her hand and held it close to my chest.

Normally it would be I who needed help or comfort from Perrie, but this time the roles were reversed. And now it was serious. It was time for me to take on a new challenge. But I could honestly say I’d never been so ready to so. Perrie needed me more than ever now, and I was going to do whatever it took to keep her healthy and happy and by my side.