Chapter One: Fear Me Not

Izzie

I was eager to escape from my reality. If there was any chance I can make my own world up. It would be tranquil and peaceful. The scene gently flow, filing up every emptiness in my mind.

My alarm rang causing me to wake up from my lucid dream. Pulling me back towards the bloody reality and the cruelty of the society. I trudged all the way down the stairs with one hand brushing my hair and the other buttoning my shirt. Good thing I wasn't reeking after five days of repetitively wearing the same shirt. I ran all the way to the fastfood. Five minutes before I was late. I sigh in relief, no reduction of salary for today. I took the leftover ingridient from yesterday. Carrying a large container down the stairs towards the supply room. I met my manager half way down. He stood still waiting for me to bow politely and help him with whatever he wants, like I always do against my own free will.

"Good morning." I bowed obediently. I heard myself screaming deep inside, "Your soul will shrivel and rot bastard!" I never had the guts to say that so it was left inside my mind.

"Leave that and come to my office now." His hand brushed harshly against my arm as he went back up the stairs, causing me to lean on the rail for balance. I heard him chuckle. Bastard! Anyway, I still did what he addressed me to.

"I expected you to come directly to my office." He snarled. I remained meek. If only I can tear him into pieces.

"From now on you will be dressed in a burger mascot outside our fastfood during half of your break time.

"--but" It was the first time I objected.

"Starting from today. I already prepare your mascot. It's in the basement." He narrowed his eyes. Wait! Basement? That's the meat storage. So, he wants me to smell like raw meat?

"Basement?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Precisely. The face painting is also there. Just paint your face ocher and that will work." He is going to hell!

"Now get out." He shooed me away.

"For what? Why me?" I forced myself not to cry. My voice was shakey.

"Attract customers." His smile was horrifiying. I ran out before I bursted into tears. I'm not going to wear the damn mascot. Never! I've lost everything, even my dignity. What am I left to do in this vast world? I took a look at the mascot and smelled it. I absolutely regret wat I did as the stench smell penetrate into my nose. I stood in there for a while letting myself cry until I felt better and went up to work again.

Lia took a day off today so I need to take the all orders.

"Not allowed." The manager pointed the woman who brought take out foods to our fastfood. I looked at him and gulped. Why do I need to the nasty jobs?

"Um...Miss, you can't eat that here." I smiled wryly. She frowned and closed the styrofoam.

 "Thank you." I walked away and went to carry the dishes to the customers. I was quite good at carrying the plates. I can carry four in one hand without even using a tray. I took the food to the coresponding tables---ouch! i crashed on the floor. The plates flew out of my hands and shattered on the floor together with the food. 

 "Ow...she stepped on my foot." I looked up. It was the woman with the take out. What a drama queen! She tripped me on purpose and blamed me for stepping on her foot...

I stood up rubbing my back until I saw the mess I made. Shards of glass are everywhere and the customers look very pissed as they wipe the stain that splattered on their outfit. I look at them in an apologic way and hurried into the kitchen were I found the boss's daughter, Bernice, looking very frustrated.

"Your fired." Bernice simply said.

"No! You can't fire me!" Her words pieced into my heart.

"I'm the boss's daughter, remember? What I say counts?" She smiled ruthlessly and sent chills to my bones.

I looked at the manager, he was smiling viciously. He wanted me fired as well. Screw him! I could have abscond but that wouldn't exactly help in my case. Especially since no one is going to side with me instead I quit for good. I regretted as soon as I reached the door. I could have kneeled down and begged. On the contrary I still have my dignity left. I choked back my tears and left. Vincent was there and saw the whole thing too. Maybe I should take the job he offers. Mabe his just a nice guy with a creepy look offering a descent job.

Note: Heyyy thanks 4 reading till the very end of this chapter! Dont forget to leave a comment and vote :)

Next chapter will more or less be about Carter's perspective. Lots of characters are coming up!!!! (If u want to name a character just post the name in the Summary)

Like this, simply fill up this form 

Name:

As who:

Here's the list of available characters

1 secretary (male)

5 waitress/waiter

3 cutthoats (male)

10 gangsters(male)

3 maids (female)

Ok anyway thanks 4 stopping by! I'll tell u if I added the character to my stry already. Have a good day!!! <3 <3 <3