I tried my hardest to wake up. To look at him and thank him for the feelings he made me feel. To thank him for loving me back. I love-

I loved him, huh?

An overwhelming feeling surged through me again at the realisation and the determination to wake up just increased the more.

With all my might, I squeezed back Gabriel's hand that was holding onto mine. Then I tried to open my eyes but it felt like it was stuck with glue. Why is this so hard? The monitor beeped like crazy and I could hear Gabriel freaking out.

"Doctor!" He yelled, leaving my hand. I missed the warmth instantly. But I had to do this. There was a painful feeling that started to come. It started from my head, to my ribs, to my stomach, to my legs and then to my whole body at once. It was too much painful to bear.

Slowly, I could finally open my eyes but the too bright lights and white walls blinded by vision. It was all blurry when a man in glasses hovered above me and put a light on my eyes.

"Miss Kramer, can you hear me?" He asked.

I nodded but it sent a jolt of pain to my head making me instantly wince. That hurt!

"Do you remember what happened to you?" He asked next.

I frowned. Flashes of images appeared in my head. Me calling out dad in the kitchen. Dad yelling at me. Dad saying it was my fault. Me not able to breathe. Me running outside. And finally a car hitting me.

I closed my eyes tightly when another shot of pain pierced through my head and I almost cried out.

"It's alright. You don't need to force yourself." The doctor said with a smile and got to talking with the nurses. I slowly tried to look around for Gabriel. He was right here right? He called the doctors so where the hell was he now? Why did I want to see him so badly? Oh right. I just realised in my comatose stage that I loved him. It would only be me to realise something like this at the most unexpected situations.

But there was no Gabriel.

After a few hours of the nurses patching me up with another set of bandages and carefully helping me to sit up, there was still no sign of Gabriel or my friends or my sister. Was everyone ignoring me after what happened to me? Shouldn't they be here to comfort me or something? Wow. I got really amazing friends. Please note the sarcasm.

A knock on my door brought me out of my trance. Must be the nurses. I sighed and said a soft 'come in'. The door opened and I was surprised to see a 'tear-filled' Gemma followed by a concerned-looking Noah. I really think both of them have gotten together.

"Hey." I greeted with a smile. She sobbed then came running towards me, engulfing me in a big hug. That hurt like shit but I still hugged her back. I could feel the worry she had for me through her hug. Aww. I loved her so much.

After the hug, she pulled away and wiped her eyes before glaring at me. "You're a major bitch, you know that?" She scolded.

I frowned. "How can you say that? I'm the one injured here." I whined.

"You are always happy. Always making people smile even when you were hurt inside because of Zach. But that was the only thing we knew. You never told us what burdened you the most and what happens to you at home. Are we not friends? You could have at least confided in us, you idiot." She cried again and Noah was quick enough to be by her side, giving her a side hug.

I gratefully smiled at him and then sighed. "I'm sorry Gemma. I didn't think that much about it. I didn't want to worry you guys." I truthfully said.