twenty six

After I woke up I headed downstairs. I glanced at the stove clock and it was 11:00am. Wow. I slept in.

My mom was making fruit salad at the counter.

Today was the 4th of July. Every year on this holiday our family members would come over for a cookout. Our neighborhood would always be crowded because it seemed the neighbors had the same idea we did.

People would even let off big fireworks in the middle of the street. It's really crazy but it's also really fun to see and watch.

Mom must have saw me walk in. She turned around. "Well good morning sleepyhead."

I smiled and walked over to the refrigerator.
"Morning."

I got some orange juice out and poured a glass.

"I talked to everyone and I told them to come around four o'clock. We have a lot to get ready." She giggled.

I smiled. "Yeah sounds good. Let me know if you need help."

"Okay sweetie." She smiled and turned back around to finish the food.

I was about to walk upstairs when I turned back around. "Where's Wyatt?"

"I'm pretty sure he's outside on the front porch."

"Okay." I said and walked towards the front door.

I opened it and peeked my head out the door. I turned my head to the side and saw Wyatt sitting on the porch swing.

I giggled. "You better not have binoculars too,"

He hurriedly glanced my way with wide eyes.

Then he scoffed. " No! I'm not like that. That's only some people." He then glanced at Jacks house.

I nodded and smiled. "True,"

Then I went back inside the house. I walked back upstairs with my orange juice still in my hand. I was about to take another drink as I walked upstairs but couldn't because I broke into another laugh.