nine

We were walking down the road, side by side. The moon seemed brighter than before. There was a cool breeze but it was still a bit warm out.

The park Jaeden was talking about was down the road from our houses. We always use to go their as kids. It had a lot of good memories.

Jaeden interrupted my thoughts. " What are you thinking about?"

" Nothing," I smiled. " So what's this late night park visit have to do with anything?"

" Just wanted to spend some time with you. That's all..."

I smiled.

"Why? Don't want to spend time with me?" He asked.

"No I never said that. Just like I said before, short notice." I grinned making him giggle.

"So can this be our new thing too?" He looked over at me.

I thought for a moment.
"Yeah, I would like that."

"Me too."

We made small talk as we continued walking down the road to the park.

Once we got to the park we went over and sat down on a park bench, which faced the playground.

"Well this brings back a lot of memories.." he smiled.

" Yeah it sure does.. remember when you fell off the slide when we were like 3?" I laughed.

He just nodded and laughed too.

He was looking into my eyes. We both had stopped laughing by now.

But, it didn't feel awkward as it would with any of the other guys. I felt as if I could tell him anything and I could be myself.

I could feel myself leaning in to him when I heard something in the bushes.

I jumped and quickly grabbed his hand.

He held onto it tightly and intertwined it with his fingers. I smiled and looked down.

" It's okay," he smiled. " I'm not going anywhere."

I looked up at him and I already knew I was blushing.

"You look really beautiful tonight," he mumbled.

" Thank you J.." I smiled.

" I mean you look beautiful all the time...uh - you know what I mean," he said nervously.

He was adorable even without trying to be. I think I'm slowly falling in love with him everyday.

I mean I didn't just see him as one of my best friends. I saw him as someone I could trust more and he would be there for me more than anyone.
I loved that he cared for everyone.

                                ❁

After talking and goofing around for about an hour. We were now walking back towards my house.

He still held onto my hand. Every once in a while he would tighten his grip, as if he were afraid to let go.

Which I didn't mind.

We stopped in front of my house at the end of the driveway and I turned and smiled at him.

"Thank you J. I had a lot of fun with you."

"Anytime Darling. It wasn't much but I'm glad I got to spend more time with you tonight."

I smiled and looked down to hide my blushing cheeks. " It wasn't much, but it meant something."

He grinned.

I went in to give him a hug which he accepted. I put my arms around his waist and pulled him in tightly. Now I was afraid to let go. I felt as If I didn't want tonight to end.

After we slowly let go I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled as it happened. I felt his cheeks move up from grinning as I was so close to him.

Afterward I went to walk away but he grabbed my hand stopping me. He took the baseball cap off he was wearing and put it on my head.

He smiled. Making me smile too.

We stood there with the moonlight shining down on us as the only light. But yet, I could see him perfectly clear.

He slowly came towards me a little more than before. My heart started beating faster.

He put one hand on my cheek and the other on my waist. He came forward and I closed my eyes.

I felt his warm soft lips against mine. It felt like something I've never felt before.

I kissed him back letting myself copy his actions.

I put my free arm around his neck. Gently pulling him closer to me.

We slowly let go is both looking down and smiling.

"Goodnight Darling,"

"Goodnight J."

He went one way and I went the other. I climbed back in my window and got back under the warm covers.

As I was still smiling and looking up at the ceiling, I kept replaying what just happened over and over in my head. I wasn't just picturing it in the movies I could actually feel it this time.

The last thing I remember thinking is 'I should take the baseball cap off before I fall asleep.'

Then I felt my eyes slowly shut.

                                 ❁