four

I slightly opened my eyes only to see the bright sunlight coming inside my window. I knew I must have slept in late. We didn't get home last night until after midnight.

I slipped on some clothes for the day and went downstairs. Wyatt along with my parents were sitting at the table. Wyatt eating breakfast while my mom cooked, my dad was reading the newspaper. Your average suburban family.

"Good to see you woke up sleepyhead," Mom said slightly turning to see me.

I smiled and sat down at the table. I poured a glass of orange juice.

" Well I have to head into the office today, I have some interviews," dad said getting his papers together and going to kiss my mom on the cheek goodbye.

" Alright see ya dad," Wyatt said to him as he headed out the door.

" Oh," dad said in a shocked way. " Almost forgot you kids were here, sorry."

He came over and kissed Wyatt on the head.

" Thanks dad." I groaned and laughed at the same time. Then he walked over and kissed me on the head as well.

He waved as he headed out the front door.

A few minutes later Mom handed me a plate of breakfast and sat down with a cup of coffee.

" So I'm headed to the store today, you need anything specific?" She asks.

I shook my head.

"'Nothing I can think of," Wyatt replied.

" Yeah maybe some common sense from the looks of that report card," I almost choked on my juice as Mom roasted Wyatt and got up and rubbed his head. Which also made me laugh.

She walked out of the kitchen with her purse in her hands. A few seconds later I heard the front door slam shut.

" Well at least she didn't seem mad." Wyatt said relieved.

" Yeah totally," I grinned sarcastically. "So any plans for today."

"Not much other than the guys coming over later. Jacks bringing a new game he bought,"

" oh."

" Yeah we have to test it out and break it in."

" So the usual?"

"Pretty much.." he took a bite out of his breakfast.