eleven

I was sitting on my window seat watching outside. The neighbor kids were playing in their driveway.

The guys all came over that weekend that Finn had to stay over. Jaeden and I didn't act any different other than best friends in front of Wyatt. Which we're Best Friends anyway so nothing really changed.

The only person that came around more than usual was Jaeden.  He did this new thing where he would come up to my window and we would talk for hours straight.

Jaeden would also sometimes come over later after the other guys left and we would hang out. I felt better with him around.

I was laying on my bed reading a book. As Usual. When I heard a knock on my window. Jaeden.

I went over and opened it for him. He came inside.

" Well hello Darling."

" Hello Handsome." I smiled. He came over and sat down next to me on my bed.

"What are we reading?" He asked.

" Nothing now. What are you doing here?"

" I wanted to see you. I figured this was better than texting or the park." He giggled. It was adorable.

" That's true."

                                ❁

We layed in my bed and talked for hours.

When it got late, He wrapped his arm around me and I could instantly fall asleep. He knew it made me feel better. He was right.

Before my eyes closed I heard him mumble.
" I'm taking you on a date tomorrow Darling."

I mumbled back. " I'm alright with that, J"

That night I fell asleep knowing Jaeden has been there for my the whole time and I realized I was safe with him.

I woke up the next morning in a good mood. No one was beside me so I figured he went home after I fell asleep. What a darling.

I felt a sticky note beside me.

' I'm picking you up at 7:00pm, Darling :) '

I smiled to myself. I headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day. I heard my mom and Wyatt downstairs... and music?

I ran downstairs and peeked my head into the kitchen to see mom and Wyatt dancing with the speakers on the table, blasting. I'm glad to see their having fun.

Mom smiled. " I had no idea your brother could dance so well," she laughed.

I smiled. " Me either."

As I headed back upstairs I smiled. Maybe everything was getting better and better. Or was that just me?