road trip

Chapter 1

Waking up to my daily 9 o'clock alarm, I roll out of my bed and land on the floor. With a groan, I stand up and leave my room. I enter the living room and see my friends still passed out on the couch. So I continue into the kitchen and grab a couple of eggs. Placing a pan on the stove, I heat it up then spray oil on the pan to keep the eggs from sticking to the pan, and once the pan heats up enough I crack the eggs spilling them on the pan. As the eggs sizzle, I grab a spatula and flip the eggs. Once, I'm finished I grab a plate and put them on the plate. While I'm eating my eggs, Jane stumbles into the kitchen. I silently laugh at her, or what I thought was a silent laugh. She must've heard me because she gives me a death glare as she goes to my fridge.

She grabs the milk, a bowl, and her own box of Cocoa Puffs. I shake my head at her childish food choice. She pours the cereal into the bowl and spills the milk over it. She grabs a spoon, and starts to eat, still not saying anything. I finish my eggs and dump the dishes in the sink before turning and looking at Jane. She looks at me with a questioning expression, one eyebrow raised, and I almost burst out laughing since she has milk spilling out of her mouth.

"What time do you have to go to work today?" I ask. She shrugs and I shake my head at her.

"I think I'm supposed to be there by 12, so I'll probably leave here at 11:30," she answers. She pretty much lives here, since she just finished high school as well and she hates her family. She's been through a lot in the past few months, but I've never met anyone stronger than her.

"Well, I'm leaving town at 11 probably, so make sure you lock the doors and shut off all the lights, ok?" I state. She nods and finishes eating. "Do you still have that spare key?" I ask, remembering how many keys she's lost.

She rolls her eyes muttering a, "Yes mom."

With a laugh, I leave the room and go into my bedroom to grab all my bags, dragging them out near the entrance. I carry myself back into my room and change. As I get ready, I only put on a little bit of makeup and I brush my hair out leaving it down of course. I grab the final things in my room and leave, making sure the doors locked before I go because Jane will probably want to try and go in at some point. When I go out to the living room, I see Cam rubbing his face as he wakes up.

A smirk reaches my lips and I yell, "Good morning Cammie!" He grunts and glares at me. I just give him a cheeky smile back and plop down beside him. None of us are really morning people, but Cam is definitely the worst of us all.

"Are you ready to go home?" he asks, running a hand through his bed head. My smile drops at that and I shrug because I really don't know if I'm completely ready, but I know I have to do it.

"I don't know. I feel ready, but at the same time just thinking about going home makes me want to throw up," I explain with a sigh. He nods in understanding and gives me a hug. With a sigh, I melt into his arms. Soon enough, I get up and say final goodbyes before grabbing my stuff and taking it down to my Jeep. I make sure the trailer attached to my Jeep that carries my bike is all good, and get in my Jeep. As I start my Jeep, I take one last look at my home and say a silent goodbye to Palm Springs. I slowly pull out of the parking lot and start my journey back home.

 I slowly pull out of the parking lot and start my journey back home