Chapter 31

"Lauren?helloooooo you good?" Jordan ask waving her hand in my face. I blink a couple times before answering," yea I'm good." I answer slowly Keeping my eyes on bailey. "Well good cause we have to go to class and luckily bailey is in our classes." Jordan cheers jumping around like a bunny. I can see the cringe on baileys face.

     She might be childish herself, but when it's someone else it's weird to her. I smirk at baileys discomfort knowing she's not going to last long here. Which I will admit is a little scary because the quicker she wants to leave the quicker I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to get out of this mess. Jordan locks hands with Liam and we head inside the school. I notice Jake isn't with us," um guys where's Jake?" I ask seeing he left without even saying goodbye. " not sure." Jordan shrugs not really caring.

    I still have to explain about yesterday to her. She's putting up an act right now but I can see the questions running laps in her head. She's just itching to ask literally, when Jordan gets nervous or anxious she itches and I can see the red marks on her arms and neck. Not the best thing for someone, but it's better than locking your feelings inside.

    The hallways are crowded yet there's always one person who can stick out like a fiery flame in a gray bland room. Kerri. "Shit! Okay lauren just keep your head down and just go to class"with bailey here things are different if I don't act like I would back then she might get me out of here soon then my plan calls for. But I don't act like I usually do questions are going to start getting asked. If I can avoid Kerri for the rest of the day I'll be good.

   I skip going to my locker and head straight to history. I'm met by Jordan and bailey waiting for me at our desks. Bailey sat in the seat on the other side of me making me sit in between the two. "The irony is real!" I think to myself to one side is the life I built to move on and the other side is the life I was trying to forget. And I here I am in the middle of both.

   A buzz from my phone grabs my attention; it's from jordan 'you good? You've been acting strange since last night. Don't think I forgot laur about yesterday we're definitely going to talk about that after school' I can't help but chuckle as I reply ' yea I'm good didn't get much sleep last night. And I know we need to talk.' I send the message. ' well no shit your tired you were up at 2 in the morning. I should know your evil ass called me and I thought school was cruel for making me get up so early, but your just as bad.' A laugh slips from my mouth.

    Eyes turned to me and I felt my checks heat up. They soon turned back to they're own business. Except on pair of eyes stayed on me and those eyes belong to bailey her stare was harsh. It held a look of confusion and disgust. Bailey knew me as the stone cold lauren; I wasn't one to laugh or be embarrassed by attention. So seeing me like this wasn't Normal for her and I'm hoping weakness will make them less interested in bringing me back.

   Mr. Jackson walks in his casual jeans and T-shirt and disheveled brown hair. The man is an English mastermind, but he's a complete mess when it comes to the rest of him. After finding out his wife was sleeping with the next door neighbor he went into a down fall. He barely shows up to class and is always hungover.

He lets the class do what ever they want, but I prefer to do my work. Which he hates me for cause it means he actually has to grade something. "Okay guys today we're watching Romeo and Juliet." Mr. Jackson grumbles as he sets up the projector. Greattttt!!!! This is the fourth time we've watched Romeo and Juliet.

   I swear I'm going to be able to do a one man play of this if I have to watch it again. The lights turn off and the film begins. No one actually pays attention some just turn and start talking to friends and others do work they have due for other classes. Jordan puts in her headphones and lays her head down to take a nap. And bailey... Baileys actually watching it! I stare dumbfounded "What I've never seen it! I heard there's a lot of death!" She says excitedly.

    I roll my eyes and go on my phone I see I got a text from Jake. I open it and read ' meet me by the bathroom in the basement. Hurry.' Oh great I wonder what he wants. I get up and walk out the back door not gaining any attention from bailey who's transfixed on Romeo and Juliet "wait till she finds out it's a romance".

   I make my way to the basement bathrooms to find Jake waiting for me, "Shouldn't you be in class?" I ask crossing my arms giving him a disappointing look. " shouldn't you?" Jake fires back smirking his signature smirk. "Touché." I grumble. "Okay so what was sooooo important that I'm missing a vital lesson that could teach me how to take over the world." I state acting all authoritative. Jake chuckles before he says,"Your In Mr. Jacksons class and your watching Romeo and Juliet. Trust me princess your not missing much.". I raise my eyebrow questioning him my mouth slightly open as I'm about to ask how he knew, but he answered before I could ask " I walked past your class earlier. I thought I'd be your knight in shining armor and save you."

I let out a little laugh and shake my head. " well thanks now what did you really call me down here for?" I ask knowing the bad boy of the town wouldn't call a nobody like me in public where we could be seen. Especially after what happened yesterday.

Jakes charming smile falters and he turns serious," I want to ask about the gun."