Chapter 10

Why does life have to be so cruel. First his name reminds me of my brother and now I find out he's Jake Collins cousin. I'm a complete idiot how couldn't I see the resemblance of the two. Oh yeah Nick isn't the asshole that plays games with me. I slammed my car door and stomped into my house. Once I shut the door I started screaming. No one was home so it didn't matter who heard me. I thought today was actually turning out good, but of course being me the day ended with me crying. I had made to my room throwing my stuff on my bed. Trudging to the bathroom to start a bath. While the water warmed up I plugged my phone in to my aux cord to play music. When the tub filled up I put in a bath bomb. I watched as the the water turned lush red with rose petals spreading around in my luxurious jacuzzi. I lit some candles and turned the music up. Undressing myself I realized my curtains were open. I did not want to take any chances with Jake. So I shut my curtains and got undressed. I climbed in the bath feeling the warmth of the water on my skin relaxing my muscles. I sank right in up to my chin smelling the sent of rose and mint from the bath and candles. I closed my eyes and drifted off.
20 mins later...
"When are you going to be here I really want to get out of here and spend some time with you." I whined into my phone. "Sorry I'm not used to coming this early I had to change some things in my schedule for this." Nick said. It was finally Friday and I need to get out of this town. "Okay okay just hurry up please." I continued to whine. He sighed and hung up. But little did I know the was the last time I'd talk to my brother ever again... "Lauren!" I heard. Someone was screaming my name but it was faint and muffled as if I was under water, but then I as my sense were coming back to me I felt the burning in my chest and the water filling my lungs. I opened my eyes to see an outline of someone reaching into the the water trying to pull me up. I immediately sit up gasping for air choking and coughing. I feel towel rap around me and pulling me out of the water. The mysterious rescuer carries me out of the bathroom.I'm shaking so bad it almost hurts. I'm set down on my bed when I finally open up my eyes to see the one and only Jake Collins sitting besides me. "What happened?" I asked My voice was rough and burned my throat. " Well I could hear your music and wanted you to turn it down I tried texting you and calling you, but you didn't answer. So I came through your window to find you trying to drown yourself." He kept his eyes on me holding care and worry in them. I shook my head and said, "I wasn't trying to drown myself I fell asleep." trying to reassure him "I wasn't trying to commit suicide." " Mhm well I'm staying here tonight so I can make sure you don't accidentally cut yourself or something." He said getting up " I'll be right back." and with that he was gone. I slowly got up still shaking and got some clothes on from my dresser. What did he care wasn't he the one laughing his ass off at me getting beat up this morning. I walk over to my dresser  putting on some sweats and a hoodie. Every move I made hurt, every breath I took burned. I suddenly got dizzy and fell down to the ground. Closing my eyes I was so tired. I Laid on the ground until someone picked me up and of course it was Jake. He carries me to my bed laying me down and putting a blanket over me, "God Lauren I was gone for 5 minutes and I come back to you on the floor." He said just a little to harsh. Which caused a spark in me, but being in so much pain it comes out funny "a well sorry I had a bad day today and apparently it just keeps getting worse." I glare at him. " I saved your life." He gets up his hand in fists. " Well maybe I was better off dead why would you care your the one who watched me get bullied today." I felt the tears coming. His face softened and he sat beside me,"okay I'm sorry about today, but I had a reason to my doing." He says "What! What in hell did I do to deserve that." I say starting to cry. jake pulls me onto his lap hugging me,"you don't trust me, but I had to get Kerri to stop." I jolt at his words looking at him in disbelief. " That's not possible. She hates my guts she'll never stop until the day I get out of here." He just looks away, " I had to show Kerri I was hers, and if I did, she said she would leave you alone." "so you let her beat up on me." He couldnt look at me and I didn't want him to I was hurt and mad at him for letting her do that to me. Jake shakes his head "you don't know how bad it hurt me to watch I wanted to stop her Lauren I really did, but I had to i'm so sorry if she does it again I will deal with her myself I will never let her hurt you again. I promise." " bullshit." I wasn't just gonna take his word I barely know him and he could just be tricking me. "Why would I be lying ?" He asked. He finally looks back at me anger and care in his eyes when he says," no one deserves that especially you." " well it happens anyways and your a liar, an asshole." I say softly. he just nods, his fist clenched making his knuckles white, " believe whatever you fucking want Lauren." And he gets up and leaves out my window. Leaving me there to cry my self to sleep.
--------------------------------------------

The bad boy saved meOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara