Chapter 30

" who's there!" I yell reaching for the light switch. I manage to reach the switch and flick on the lights. I blink adjusting to the sudden change in lighting. Already in fight stance I look to find Bailey Harris lean against the couch. A slap of memories come rushing back to me.

    Bailey Harris is an old friend from my fighting days. We were best friends pretty much sisters," what are you doing here?" I ask still a little shell shocked. " It's been a while girl. I thought I'd come visit an old friend." Bailey shrugs pushing herself off the couch.

    Bailey's pink hair and small figure might make her look innocent and harmless but if she's the same girl I remember strong, confident, brash, manipulative, and very dangerous. Then I know she's not here to visit... she's her for business. She walks over to give me a hug, but I put my hands up blocking her," bailey why are you here? Seriously." I ask keeping my guard up.

  Bailey raises her hands in surrender," Still observant I see... that's very good." she sighs placing her hands on her hips. I cross my arms giving her a questioning look," Fine you caught me. I'm here on business and we need you to come back." She states not losing eye contact with me. My jaw drops as my eyes widen in horror," No way I left that life behind and I swore I'd never go back." I yell leaving the discussion at that I walk towards the kitchen to get a drink.

  Bailey stays standing in the same position still watching me as grab a water bottle. I lean on the counter and look back at her," Lauren we need you and he's not asking... he's telling you. And we both know that he's not going to take no kindly. I'm his way of kind, but next time your not going to get me here." She says with seriousness in her voice. I run my hand through my hair, I knew she was right, but I wasn't about to go back without a fight. "No." I deadpan.

   "Lauren don't be stupid." She says her voice firm. I shrug in response and take a sip of water. Her shoulders drop," I'll be back tomorrow. Please be ready to go." She sighs walking out of the house without looking back.

   Soon as the door shuts I race up the stairs and into my room. I rush to my my dresser and start looking through my drawers. "Where is it?" I ask panicking. Till I find just the metal black box I was looking for I unlock the pad lock and flip the lid. I grab the gun out of the box and load it. I hold the gun in one hand and my phone in the other. I check the time '2:23 am' ugh. I unlock my phone and begin to dial the number.

    I listen to it ring a couple times as I impatiently pace around," come on... pick up... Dammit." I grunt. Finally a coarse voice answers" hello...?" "Jordan are you okay?" I ask frantically . " No I'm not..." my heart drops," I'm being woken up from my sleep at 2 in the morning." I relax and breath deeply," so sorry Jordan go back to bed. I'll see tomorrow.". Jordan doesn't even answer and just hangs up.

   'Thank god' I sigh 'okay I need to go to bed' I get in to comfy clothes and climb into bed keeping my gun by my bed for safety measures. Shortly after I slip into deep sleep.
_______/next morning\_______
" LAUREN WAKE THE HELL UP." A mans voice shouts. An hand grasps my arm and I grab it pulling it down towards me I move out of my covers and on top of the intruder and place his arm behind his back. "LAUREN!" Jake yells in pain as it is him I'm on top of.

   "Sorry Jake I thought you were someone else." I clarified and helped Jake up. "Obviously. Remind me not to sneak up on you ever again." Jake said rubbing the wrist I grabbed. I rubbed my face feeling bad for attacking Jake. I put my hands down I realize my gun is still beside my bed 'shit' I look at Jake and smile," uh sorry again and can you get out." I exclaimed as I started shoving him towards the door.

    Not letting him get another word out I shut the door in his face. I take the gun from the nightstand and put it back in the black box and lock it. I quickly get dressed in some gray sporty shorts and a tie dye Nike T-shirt. I open the door and find Jake leaning on the wall," bout time ninja." Jake grunts as he starts to walk away I follow behind.

    'Did he see the gun?does he know something?... did he call me a ninja' I stare at the back of his head like I'm trying to see what he's thinking. " You want to get Starbucks." Jake asks and piers back me eyebrow raised. "Sure." I chirp. We head to jakes car bags in hand.

  I pull out my make up bag and start to put on foundation when Jake interrupts my makeup process," you don't need makeup." Jake keeps his eyes on the road," well mr. Opinionated I like makeup it's an art." I state continuing on with my makeup." I was just saying your beautiful with or without makeup." Jake says giving me a quick glance and smiles. I smile back at him and say," thanks Jake.". I finish applying and foundation and mascara and put my bag away right as we pull into the Starbucks drive-in.

   We order and get our drinks and head to school. Jake got a coffee which surprised me cause I never picture him as a coffee drinker more of an energy drink person. I got a coffee too, but I also got banana bread which is my absolute favorite. We finish our drinks and food by the time we get to school.

  We get out and all eyes are on us  of course. Jake comes by my side and squeezes my hand and lets it go. I take a deep breathe and begin walking Jake by my side. I see Jordan and Liam and to my surprise they're not making out. As we get closer I see that there's someone with them.

And then I see it. The pink hair the glass Jordan turns to Jake and I and says," hey guys This is Bailey.". Shit.