Chapter 9

He was hot not as hot as Jake, but pretty hot. I tried not to stare giving quick glances at him noticing all the cheerleaders all over him. Of course he's going to be super popular, but maybe I had a chance maybe he could actually like me. I stared to long he saw me staring at him. He smiled at me looking me over. Was he checking me out! Omg he was he nodded in approval getting out of his seat making his way towards me. He sat right next to me nodding slightly as if he approves of me. " Hey I'm nick." He smiles showing some perfect teeth. My stomach drops nick his name is nick. Like my older brother nick. But I just smile back,"Hey I'm Lauren." I say as confident as I could. Today is not my day. He moves closer to me and says," so I was wondering if you could show me around." A small smile appears on my face," of course I could it would be my pleasure." He smiles widens. After a class of a long lecture and girls drooling over nick the bell finally rings. I collect my things and head out of the room with Nick right behind me. Oh god every time I hear that name I want to break down crying. But I can't I can't be so sensitive. As we walk down the nick takes my hand. At first I'm shocked and pulled away " what's wrong sweetheart?" he asked softly. He is really cute," oh nothing." Tilting my head slightly to look at him better. His bright blue eyes meeting my bright hazel ones. he stopped turning towards me looking into my eyes," you have really pretty eyes and a pretty smile." Scratching the back of his head looking down at his feet. Awwwww he's so cute when he gets nervous. I lean towards him and kiss him on the cheek," thank you." I smile as he blushes slightly. I have no clue what I'm doing but I honestly don't care anymore I grab his hand and pull him towards his locker. " This is your locker." He takes out a slip of paper with his locker combination. I look down the hall to see Jordan coming down the hall. "Jordan." I call to her. She sees me and makes her way towards me. "Hey LC." She hugs me. Nick shuts his locker facing towards us," oh Jordan this is Nick.Nick this is Jordan." I say untangling myself from Jordan. " "Hey I'm Jordan Lauren's best friend and protector so if you hurt her you deal with me." She glares at him. He holds his hands up like he surrenders. I laugh at Jordan being overprotective. I roll my eyes at the two. I take nicks hand and start to drag him down the hall, " well we got to get to class I'll see you later." I see her look at our hands and back at me. She gives me a questioning look a giggle and mouths out: I'll talk to you later. I turn around dragging Nick to our next class.
Lunch time...
Nick and I find a seat right a cross from Jordan and Liam making out like usual, " sorry about them." I cough. Well a fake cough getting they're attention. Liam glares at me, but Jordan smiles at us. " Hey guys." She says nudging Liam telling him to be nice. He does as she says after giving me one more glare. " So why did you come to saint Claire high school?" Liam asks. Wow I've asked Nick a lot of questions, but not that. " Well my grandma was in a bad fire accident so my parents flew out to take care of her. So I'm staying with my aunt and uncle." Jordan looks at nick with a concerned and sorrow look and says, " I'm sorry to hear, but why didn't go with them." She does have a point. Who would want to come to sunny Florida, right near the beach. Okay maybe she doesn't have a point. " Well my grandparents live in the Caribbean and my parents thought it would be good for me to spend sometime with my aunt and uncle and my cousins." Nick says. Okay maybe she does have a point, "what!" They all look at me in shock, " your telling me you came to crappy Florida instead of the Caribbean." They all laugh at my sudden outburst before all of a sudden the bell rings. I say bye to Jordan and Liam taking Nicks hand pulling him towards our last two periods. " Well haven't you gotten used to holding my hand." he was right I had gotten used to holding his hand, " yeah so..." I leading him to our sixth period. He sits next to me taking my hand once more, " well I've definitely gotten used to it too." he smiles at me. I can't help but blush. Then mr. Mathews walks in and Nick lets go of my hand the warmth of his hand fades from mine. mr. Mathew drones on about something that has to do with English and finally the bell rings. I'm about half way out the door when Nick takes my hand. Which of course I don't mind we make our way to our last class gym. Yayyy the class with a perv teacher and perv guys while girls strut around in short shorts and tank tops showing off their boobs. I change into my shorts and T-shirt and I'm about leave until I'm shoved up against a locker by of course Kerri. she smirks at me, but I just smile at her. "Hey Kerri how've you been. I'm betting you heard about Jake and I's little sleepover." I laugh at the thought, what is wrong with me today I'm just taking all my chances I kinda like it, But Kerri on the other hand doesn't. Nope instead she shoves me into the lockers. "Is that funny you little bitch." She spits at me. I start thinking about all the fighting lessons my brother gave me and how I could totally beat the crap out of her. She's about to hit me until someone calls out, "Girls hurry up or else I'll come in there." Kerri drops me and walks away. I get up and walk to the mirror and brush myself off. I jog out onto the field to see we are playing soccer. Oh I'm going kick some ass I love soccer. Okay , so I'm just really competitive and I like winning, but I'm not a sore loser or anything. I throw on a Jersey and run out to the field cutting off Brian green the schools athletic God turning the ball around and getting the ball in the net. After four... okay eight more points into the net we're winning. Finally mr. Mason A.K.A perv master calls us in. I see Nick walking towards the school and I run up from behind him almost tackling him over. " Hey so I was thinking do you want a ride home." I say nudging him. " Of course I would." I nod and walk into the girls locker room. I quickly get changed and make my way to the car. I send a text to nick to tell him where to meet me and I wait on my till I see him head towards me. I hop off the hood and climb in. Nick climbs in right next to me I pull out of the parking lot and start driving, " Oh yeah were are we going." I peek over at Nick texting someone on his phone. He quickly looks up and points saying," right down that street." I turn down the street and drive down the neighborhood. Wait a minute I know were we are. "Right there." Oh my god no. I pull in the drive and he gets out, " Thanks for the ride." With that he shuts the door. "Yeah bye." I mumble I pull out of the drive. And right into mine right next door I couldn't believe that Nick was cousins with Jake Collins.