“You were whistling,” she says flatly. “What were you whistling?”

“I’m Yours,” I mutter under my breath, even more embarrassed now.

“Oh my god,” she chuckles. “I’m dating an idiot,” she says to herself with a roll of her eyes.

“What was that?” I ask with a grin, surprised by her words. Now it’s her time to blush.

“I uhhh…”

“You said we were dating.”

“Well since we-”

“So does this mean I can call you my girlfriend?” I interrupt.

“Wait, slow down there. I don’t know about that…” she says quickly.

“C’mon, why not? We don’t have to tell the press if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“No, it’s not that… I just…” she says uncomfortably and I realize this must have something to do with what happened to her and her problems with trusting people.

“Hey,” I say softly. “You trust me right? You know I’m not going anywhere.”

“I know,” she says with a nod.

“We don’t have to label it if you don’t want. We can just be… us,” I offer, hoping to put her at ease. She pauses, looking at me as she considers my words.

“I’m not really… girlfriend material,” she says, looking as if she tasted something bad when she says ‘girlfriend.’ “If we did do the whole… thing…” she says slowly. “I wouldn’t be like Lauren or Emily. I can’t be that… nice all the time. If someone is annoying me, I’ll make it known to them.”

“Trust me, I know,” I chuckle, already aware of how transparent her feelings for others were. “And I don’t want you to be like them. If I did, I’d have tried to find someone like that.”

“Elodie, if you’re done with that, we’re in the other room and I have your test ready,” Liz says, her head poking in the room. Elodie lets out a sigh, looking back at her and nodding her head.

“If I say yes, you won’t make a big deal out of this will you?” she asks, turning back to me.

“No,” I answer quickly, shaking my head, hardly daring to get my hopes up.

“You’re not going to around telling everyone or getting all weird on me right?” she continues to question.

“Well, I’d probably tell the boys. And my family. And maybe some of my other fr-” I start saying before seeing her stony expression. “Ok,” I agree after that. She sighs again, leaning in and kissing me quickly.

“You better be glad I had fun last night,” she says before turning and heading towards the door.

“Wait,  is that a yes?” I ask, calling after her. She flashes a thumbs up over her shoulders which I can only take to mean yes and I break into a grin.

Elodie’s POV

“Happy Graduation to you. Happy Graduation to you. Happy Graduation dear Elodie. Happy Graduation to you.” The Aussies all sing, using the birthday song, as they walk in with a cake. I can’t help but laugh in amusement as they place it in front of me.

“The test hasn’t been graded yet. How do you know if I’ve passed?” I joke, glancing behind them at Liz who’s standing there also with a smile.