Chapter 1

Elodie's POV

They say first impressions are everything. That the second people meet you, they’re making judgments about your character, about who you are as a person. I knew it was true, I’d seen it first hand. Everywhere I went, I was judged. Everyone thought they knew me based on what they saw in the newspapers. But what they didn’t realize is, I just didn’t care.

“Shh no listen,” I slur, grabbing onto the guy’s coat to steady myself as I stop grinding against him and turn around to face him. “We should…we should get outta here. Find someplace quiet…” I trail off with a sloppy grin. I could barely hear myself over the bass, thumping through the club.

“Are you sure? You seem pretty dr—“ he begins before I cut him off pressing myself against him as I kiss him. I couldn’t remember his name. James? Jeremy? Something with a J. When I pull back, I run a hand down his chest with a smirk, seeing the lust in his eyes. “Ok, just let me call a cab” he mutters, slipping out of my grip. I smile proudly before stumbling back over to the bar and tugging down my skirt, which had begun to ride up too high even for me. My head was already buzzing as I order another shot, flashing the fake ID when the bartender wants some identification. He knew who I was. Everyone did. But this way they wouldn’t be responsible if I got caught. I throw back the drink, barely wincing at the taste of hard alcohol. I could barely taste it at this point. I turn back to survey the dance floor. Packed, an easy place to score, and willing to serve to minors. The perfect place. The music sucked, but what can you expect when they play pop? If only they played more rap, although that’s hard to dance to.

“Ready to go?” the guy asks, finding me again. Jake? Or was it Josh? Either way, I nod my head and his hand slips around my back to rest on my ass as he leads me outside. Bright lights catch me off guard as cameras begin flashing and I throw up the middle finger at the paparazzi waiting, a smirk playing on my lips before climbing into the car. Jared, that was his name, climbs in after me, his hand settling on my upper thigh with a smile of his own. He’d be happy, got his 5 seconds of fame.  I look out the other window, growing disinterested with him as his lips start sucking on the bottom of my neck. I’d done better. He was kind of scrawny, wearing what could only be described as an attempt to be fashionable. A little too overeager. I squeeze my eyes shut, begging the latest shot to kick in so hopefully he’d seem more attractive. The sounds of sirens fill the air and I slam my hand down against the seat.

“Dammit” I yell, startling him off me. They found me. It was like it was their mission to make sure I didn’t have fun. I’d probably lose the ID now also. The cab pulls over and the black cars behind us come to a stop. I cross my arms, my jaw clenched as my door opens.

“C’mon Miss Elodie. You’re father’s waiting.”

“Tell him to go fuck himself. I’m busy.” I snap. The security guy glances over across from me at the stranger who’s practically shaking in his knockoff oxfords shoes. I roll my eyes seeing his frightened expression. “Ok, lets go” I mutter, unbuckling my seatbelt and sliding out. My guard breathes a sigh of relief that I wasn’t making it more difficult than I could have and I glance around seeing the strangers on the street, watching the whole shebang with their phones out to record. Might as well give them something to talk about, I think as I flip off them as well before climbing into the black cars of the Secret Service. How’s that for presidential behavior?

Liam’s POV

“I still don’t understand how he won an election with a daughter like that,” I mutter, throwing the tabloid down onto the table. Front page cover was filled with shots of an obviously drunk girl being escorted out of a club. Frankly, I was embarrassed for her. What made it worse was her social standing. Being the president’s daughter, you’d expect some sort of sophistication, but no. Every week was a new story of who she was hooking up with or what club she was kicked out of. It made Harry’s womanizing rumors look like nothing. It was impossible to see a paper that wasn’t covering some scandal she was the center of. “You’d think people would think if he couldn’t take care of a kid, how could he take care of a country.”

Niall shrugs, looking up from his movie to see what I’m talking about. “Not everyone can be as responsible as you,” he teases, picking up the discarded paper and skimming the article. “Besides, it’s not necessarily true. There’s tons of rumors about us, don’t mean they’re right. Maybe she’s not what she seems,” he suggests, although from the frown on his face as he reads, I can tell he doesn’t fully believe that. It’d be hard to twist that picture to be anything but what it obviously was.

“Either way, you’re going to have to be polite when we meet them.” Zayn adds, surprising us all. I thought he’d been sleeping. “How much further anyways?”

“Two hours until we land,” I answer, glancing at my watch. “But they’re going to have a ton of security before we can actually relax.” He lets out a groan, covering his eyes. He was anxious to get there since Ladies First was scheduled to be there as well. Louis and Lauren were meeting us at the airport after their flight from Tennessee. I check my phone with a sigh. Everyone seemed to have a girlfriend. Even Harry, the eternal bachelor had found someone. It was just Niall and I, and he seemed happy being single.

“So how’s Melissa?” Harry asks, reading my thoughts.

“We broke up,” I say simply and he breathes out a sigh of relief. I furrow my brow at him, wondering what that was for.

“She wasn’t that bad” I protest.

“Mate, she was a gold digger,” he says. “The last four girls you’ve seen are. You’ve developed a damsel in distress complex,” he adds when he sees my frown deepen. “You bought Melissa a car, helped pay Sarah’s University fees, covered Shannon’s rent for two months, and pretty much paid for an entire new wardrobe for Alison,” he begins, ticking the girls off on his fingers.

“Ok, that’s enough.” I interrupt, not wanting to hear him list any other mess-ups I’ve had.

“We’re just worried about you mate. We don’t want you to be taken advantage of. Ever since…” he trails off, not wanting to say her name. We didn’t talk about her.

I return my gaze back out the window, watching the clouds roll by under us and Harry takes that as a cue to stop talking, returning to his own phone. We were starting off our tour in Washington DC for the Easter celebration on the White House front lawn. An actual concert the day after and we’re off on our world tour. I was still in shock that this was my life. Who’d have thought that I’d actually get paid to jet around the world doing something I love? Sure sometimes it was tough, putting strains on relationships and family, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Certainly not to act like a self-entitled partier. Who would ever take me seriously if I did something like that? And I couldn’t understand why anyone would want to jeopardize a chance of a good future to behave like that Elodie Nickelson.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok! Off to a new story! I've got 2 more chapters done so far but we're going to go slow so I have time to update reguarly. This chapter is dedicated to ThatAuburnChick for being Elodie. 

I hope you all like it so far. Let me know what you think.