Chapter 32

Elodie’s POV

The next morning, Lauren is waiting near our bus as we finish up with the trainers. It was the first thing I’d gone back to doing when I was feeling healthier. There was no better therapy than leaving yourself too exhausted to think.

“Hey, will you do me a huge favor?” she asks as Liam and I approach the bus.

“Uhhh depends?” I say cautiously. “What is it…”

“Will you take Louis somewhere for the afternoon? I need him to be kept away.”

“If you guys are fighting again I--”

“No, it’s nothing like that,” she replies quickly, shaking her head. “I wanted to start doing covers again and I wanted it to be a surprise.”

“Oh…” I say, not quite sure what that meant. I vaguely remember her mentioning something about Louis making a contest to meet her and a youtube account, but I thought she’d said she deleted it.

“Yea, I was hoping that maybe you could force him to go exploring with you or something.”

“You want me to take your boyfriend out on a date…” I trail off.

“Yea, I guess” she laughs. I shrug slightly, looking over at Liam to see what he made of all this.

“You’re not worried I’ll try to steal him?” I ask, smirking slightly and raising an eyebrow. This seems to amuse her more than it worries her and she looks between Liam and I.

“Nah, I’m good.” she says with a grin. “Thanks.”

“Well I’m going to go shower now if I have to go out in public,” I say nodding back over at the bus.

“Ok, I’m going to shower in the other bus. I’ll meet you over there?” Liam asks and I give a small nod before Lauren buts in.

“You’re not going with,” she tells him.

“What?” he asks startled and frankly I’m surprised also. I had assumed Liam would be coming with also.

“He can’t come with,” she repeats. “Louis will feel third wheeled if he does and will try to cut it short or will leave early. You need to keep him occupied until he needs to be at the venue.”

“Why would he feel thirdwheeled,” I ask baffled. She just rolls her eyes and doesn’t answer.

“It’s fine.” Liam assures me. “Besides, it means I can talk to her about what we were talking about the other night.” The rush of dread fills me, but I nod my head anyways. Lauren looks between the two of us in confusion, but I don’t mention it now.

“Fine. I’ll be over in 15 minutes,” I say bluntly, heading back into the bus to shower. When I get over to the other bus, Liam is already out and sitting on the couch playing Fifa with Niall.

“There you are!” Lauren exclaims when I walk in. “Louis, I told Elodie that you’d help her pick out something for her sister’s birthday.”

“What?” Louis asks in surprise.

“What?” I ask, echoing him, not realizing she’d come up with a reason for the two of us to be out by ourselves.

“Why can’t Liam?”

“Liam doesn’t have younger sisters,” she replies in a tone suggesting it was the most obvious thing.

“What about Zayn?”

“What, you don’t want to hang out with me?” I ask, feeling slightly irritated that he seemed to be trying to get out of doing this with me, even if it was a fake excuse.