Chapter 20

Elodie’s POV

“Fuck shit,” I grit as I force myself out of bed, my eyes squeezed shut in pain. Everything was sore. “Owwww” I manage to get changed and I head off the bus, pausing when I see Curls and Mr Polite working out again. How could they possibly be at it again after just working out yesterday? I still felt like dying.

Curls spots me and chuckles when he sees my stiff moments. “A little sore?” he jokes, pausing his boxing. He only laughs harder as I flick him off. I see Mr Polite move out of the corner of my eye, leaving whatever pull up thing he was using and heading towards the bags they had set a little ways off. I don’t think much of it until something hits the side of my thigh. I jump slightly in surprise and look down to see a small tube. I look over at Mr Polite in confusion as he silently moves back to his rope thingie.

“Deep Heat,” Harry chimes. “It’ll help soothe the pain.” I give him a nod as I look over the half empty bottle. “Just don’t get it in your eyes. It burns,” he adds. I glance over at Mr Polite, and he’s smirking at Harry’s comment, but he doesn’t look over. Harry returns to his boxing and I take that as my cue that the conversation is over.

“Well thanks I guess,” I say, tapping the tube in my hand. Liam finally looks over at me, surprise registering on his face. I feel vaguely offended by the look. It was as if he hadn’t expected an acknowledgement. I raise an eyebrow, daring him to say something and when he doesn’t, I head back towards the hotel.

Inside, I head up to the top floor where the group always stays. “Hey, Cotton Candy,” I call when I see Michael’s pink hair disappear into one of the rooms. His head pokes back out and he looks at me with a raised eyebrow. “Want to help me out?” I smirk, holding the tube up. He grins, nodding his head and I toss it to him as I walk over, walking through the door he’s holding open.

“Deep heat?” Michael questions as I walk over to the bed.

“Everything hurts,” I complain, pulling my shirt over my head and tossing it on the ground next to the bed as I collapse onto it. I hear his footsteps hesitate and I look over at him, raising an eyebrow until he resumes moving. I rest my head face down in my arms, feeling the bed sink as he takes a seat next to me and I hear the pop of the tube opening.

“Mmmm,” I groan as he squirts some onto my back, beginning to rub it in. “Oh my god, that feels so good.”

“You sound like you’re having sex,” Michael jokes as he locates a particularly tight knot in my shoulder. I let out a hiss, wincing slightly as he starts working it out.

“Are you getting turned on?” I tease, turning my head to see him laugh.

“Why am I giving you a backrub again?”

“Oh don’t pretend like you don’t like it,” I say with a laugh that turns into a contented sigh as the knot releases. “God you’re amazing,”

“Ohh Michael. You’re amazing. Yes. Yes. Yes!” Luke’s voice resonates through the door. Michael freezes a second. “Who’s in there? We just got here. How have you gotten a girl already? Unless its—“ Luke starts saying. Michael flies off the bed, opening the door before he could finish whatever he’s saying. I try to suppress my grin as I perch myself on my elbow, waving at Luke as he peers over Michael’s shoulder.

“Hey Elodie,” he crows before giving Michael a satisfied look. “Imagine seeing you here. Michael’s been—“ he says, cut off as Michael rubs his hands over Luke’s face, smearing the remaining Deep Heat onto it. “Fuck what is that?” he asks, probably as his face begins to heat up.

“Deep Heat.” I chuckle, grabbing the almost empty tube and tossing it at him. “Cotton Candy was just helping me out.”

“So you weren’t…”