Chapter 22

Liam’s POV

Louis showed up shortly after Elodie left. Apparently Lauren had started having a sort of panic attack from all the fans being around and Louis being there wasn’t making it any easier. He stayed with us for about another hour before he got another text and decided he wanted to go. Frankly, I’d been ready to leave by the time Elodie had left us, but Melissa had wanted to stay. But when Louis wanted to leave, I  convinced her it’d be better to head back in order to have some down time on our day off. Louis is antsy the entire drive home. He keeps fidgeting and messing with his phone. Lauren probably texted him upset and he was anxious to get back. I wondered if Elodie had anything to do with her being upset. Louis flies past the fans and into the hotel when we get out of the taxi and I linger a bit to take pictures and sign things. Melissa attempts to stay out also but the security force her inside. She’s pouting a bit when I finally get inside but frankly I was getting annoyed with her attention seeking attitude. I was beginning to understand why the others detested her so much. We get upstairs and Melissa goes to put her new clothes away while I head to the Aussie’s room to see what they’re up to. Inside, I find the boys all working on their assignments while Elodie is sprawled across a bed reading a book.

“Hey boys. What’s everyone up to tonight?” I ask.

“Twitcam eventually,” Michael answers.

“Homework,” Luke add with a frown. “Falling a bit behind.”

“All of you?” I ask in disbelief as they all nod.

“Don’t look at me, I finished already,” Elodie says with a shrug, turning the page of her book. I hadn’t even realized she’d been paying attention to the conversation. Everyone looks at her with wide eyes until she looks up. “What?” she asks defensively.

“You?” Ashton asks. “You’re already finished?”

“Did you fake the answers?” Michael chimes in.

“I thought you were just slacking again?” Calum adds.

“C’mon guys, lay off,” I say, watching her grow increasingly uncomfortable with their words.

She gives me a suspicious look, as if waiting for me to say something mean. I feel bad that she thinks I’d say something mean, but I suppose after what I have said I shouldn’t be surprised. “What are you doing tonight?” I ask instead.

“Nothing,” she replies, returning her gaze back to her book.

“Friends don’t want to come over?” I ask.

“This isn’t really their scene…” she says. Despite the casual tone of her voice, she’s really tense.

“Well I was looking for someone to go to Ed’s concert with me if you’d like.” I offer. She looks over her book to raise an eyebrow at me.

“You don’t want me. What about the princess?” she asks.

“Ed doesn’t like her…” I trail off, hearing Luke choke back a cough of laughter.

“What a surprise,” she mutters. “And the other boys?” she asks, directing it to me.

“Niall and Harry are actually going. But they are staying backstage and I was hoping to watch from the balcony.

“And you can’t go alone?”

“Well I’d prefer not to…”

She pauses, closing her books as she looks at me, studying me.

“Who’s Ed again?” she asks.

“A friend. Ed Sheeran. He sang A Team if you remember that one.”