Chapter 5

Liam’s POV

“You smell like smoke”

It was the first thing Emily said when Zayn walked back into our dressing room. He pulled back from her hug, a guilty expression etched on his face.

“Sorry. I-  it was just one” he stutters, completely whipped by his girlfriend. The fight that ensues would put Lou and Lauren’s to shame. She’d been on his case to quit for months now, telling him it was bad for his voice and that he’d get cancer and that she didn’t want any kids of hers to be raised around secondhand smoke. The fact that they were talking about marriage and kids was scary enough in itself. After promising, once again, to quit, we leave Lauren and Emily behind and head out to the stage. I try to engage the crowd in the sound check, making sure everyone is having a good time. Whenever I cast a glance over at the president’s daughters, all I see is a scowl on Elodie’s face. It’s annoying. What’s even worse is during the meet and greet when she refuses to take a picture with us. It’s like she thought she was too good for it. I know Niall had said to give her the benefit of the doubt since I didn’t actually know her, but it was hard when she acted like that. Sure she looked attractive, but what I’d seen of her personality just screamed ugly. Would it hurt to be polite every once in a while?

I try to shake it off for the show. The crowd is phenomenal and the atmosphere is amazing. I’d missed this.

After the show, we head back to the dressing room to change and meet up with the girls. Harry had just stepped out of the shower, in trousers luckily, when the door opens and Preston walks in with Elodie and Varshitha.

“Their ride will be here in a minute and they wanted to say goodbye,” Preston explains. Elodie lets out a snort letting me know that she hadn’t been the one to want to say goodbye. Varshitha ignores Elodie, probably used to her behavior, as she runs over to Niall and throws her arms around him in a hug. Everyone loved a Horan Hug.

“What are you guys doing now? Are you coming back to the house?” Varshitha asks as she moves on to give Louis a hug goodbye.

“Erm no… we were err going to err” Harry begins, glancing over at me as if asking if he’s allowed to tell her our plans.

“9:30” I respond, hoping maybe she wouldn’t recognize the club name. She doesn’t, but the other sister did.

“9:30?” she asks, perking up. It’s the first time I’ve seen her with any energy all day. The door opens and her expression falters a little as her security team walks in. “Do you think? Could I?” she asks hesitantly, glancing between the guard and us.

“Could you what?” I press with a smirk. I knew exactly what she wanted, I just wanted her to have to ask for it. She seems to know this and her face flashes with annoyance.

“Could I come with?” she asks through gritted teeth. I raise an eyebrow with a smirk, not saying anything as I wait for her to continue. “Please” she adds her jaw clenched tightly with a look suggesting it was painful for her to say. Satisfied, I look over at Paul to get his judgment and Paul shrugs.

“If it’s alright with your parents,” he says. Her face lights up while her sister’s turns to one of horror that Elodie was being included while she wasn’t.

“Marcus please. C’mon, just give me this one time,” she says, turning to the security guy.

“Elodie—“ he says hesitantly. Why he was making the call instead of her parent’s I didn’t know.

“C’mon, if you let me go, I’ll come home at a reasonable hour. If you say no, I’ll just sneak out and then you’ll have to go searching.”