Chapter 37

Elodie’s POV

I woke before he did. I lay there, looking at him, wondering  again if this was wise. To put this kind of trust in a person was something I hadn’t done in years. How easy it would be for him to hurt me.

He sucks in a deep breath and his eyes squeeze tight as his grip tightens around me. “Morning,” he mumbles as a smile appears on his face. When had he gone from some annoying boybander my sister was obsessed with to someone who was close enough to hurt me? When had any of these people on tour gotten close enough to know any of my secrets? His eyes open when I don’t respond, his smile faltering a bit. “Everything alright?” he asks. That was the question wasn’t it. I could either push him away or we could stay here like this. I try to shove my worries aside as I lift my face up to his and press my lips to his.

“So what’s the plan for today?” I ask, playing with the collar of his shirt. He pauses a second as he thinks it over before letting out a groan and burying his face in my neck.

“I don’t even want to think about it,” he mumbles, his voice muffled. I chuckle, running my hand through the hair on the back of his head. He lets out a sound of approval.

“We’ve got the Billboard Music Awards tonight and a bunch of interviews before that,” he finally says.

“Well that sucks,” I comment.

“Mhm,” he nods. “Paul’s probably waking everyone up right now,” he adds finally pulling his head up from my neck.

“You better go then,” I say with a laugh, pushing him back a little. “Don’t need Paul finding you in here and thinking I’m an even worse influence on you then I already am.”

“He doesn’t think that,” he chuckles.

“Yes he does,” I say, calling him out on his lie. “Now go back to your own room and change out of yesterday’s clothes.”

“Mmm fine,” he groans, finally letting go of me, but still making no effort to get up. I guess he needs a shove in the right direction aka a push off the bed. He lands on the floor with a thud and a look of surprise while I burst out laughing.

“Rude!” he exclaims with a laugh as he stands back up. I just grin, snuggling back under the blankets since I wouldn’t be woken up for a while still. He leans back over me, giving me a peck before walking out the door. I can’t fall asleep again though and I lay there thinking about the position I was in. He wasn’t like any guy I’d ever met before, as cliche as that sounds. He was respectful, caring, and I found myself trusting him even when I hadn’t wanted to. Yet still, that devil in my mind kept telling me not to trust anyone.

About twenty minutes after he leaves, there’s a knock on my door which I assume is Paul. I get up, wrapping my comforter around me as I walk to the door and peek through the eye-hole. I let out a laugh when I see the sight before me.

“You’re such an idiot,” I say through the door.

“Come on… let me in,” he says with a laugh. “I look like room service out here.” I raise an eyebrow as I open the door, only to be met with a cheeky smile as he wheels in the cart.

“I ordered breakfast,” he says, opening up one of the trays. I roll my eyes as I attempt to keep from smiling, but it doesn’t really work. He moves the trays to the table and I sit down in one of the seats, my blanket still wrapped around me while he takes the other.  “So I was thinking-” he says as he shovels eggs into his mouth.

“Well that must be difficult for you,” I interrupt before he can continue earning a pointed stare.

“I was thinking, maybe tomorrow we could go out, just the two of us.”