Chapter 10

Liams’ POV

I suppose you could say I was less than enthusiastic about Elodie coming along with us. Sure hanging out last night had been fun. I’d learned she wasn’t quite what she seemed. But I’d still seen the bitchy arrogant girl at the Easter party and restaurant. Even if she wasn’t all that she acted like, she still did act like that and it wasn’t something I wanted to deal with on a regular basis. But it looked like I was stuck. Zayn had taken a liking to the rude, stubborn girl and the others probably thought it’d be funny to see her get on my nerves.

The ride to the hotel in Boston is pretty uneventful. Harry was on the other bus hanging out with Tom and Lou while Zayn and Niall were sleeping. Louis and Lauren were curled up together on the couch watching tv. I knew they’d be fine if I watched with them, but I didn’t want to feel like a third wheel so instead I head towards the back where a massive couch/bed thing was. I was feeling lonely. It seemed like everyone had someone. Louis and Lauren, Zayn and Emily, Harry and Maedbh, and while Niall didn’t have a girlfriend, he had the 5SOS boys and it seemed like essentially the same thing. I pull out my phone, fiddling around with it. I knew the boys didn’t like Melissa. They’d made it clear from the first night they met her. Yet, I found myself dialing her number, glancing forward to check that no one was watching.

“Hello?” she asks when she answers the phone.

“Hey,” I say softly, “It’s me,”

I only end up talking to her for 15-20 minutes before she tells me she has to go. Apparently she was going to go get drinks with a group of friends and would I mind if she put it on my tab? She wanted to treat her friend to a good birthday.

“Yea that’s fine,” I tell her, causing her to squeal with delight and hang up. Not even a goodbye. The rest of the trip is equally boring. I end up playing Temple Run on my phone for ages and then falling asleep for a bit. I’m woken as we reach the hotel and we head up to our rooms. I don’t see Elodie get off the bus and for a brief moment I forget she was even there, until Lou makes a comment about going to get her before leaving us all in Harry’s room.

“So what’s up with this morning Payno?” Niall asks as he grabs a bottle of coke from the minifridge, returning to the group.

“Yea, that whole reputation with the fans thing?” Louis adds with a laugh. “Was the date really that awful?”

“Well it was at first,” I admit before launching into the entire story. Niall is in hysterics almost immediately. From the moment I mention being stuck with the salad until I tell about running from cops.

“So she’s into art huh?” Zayn comments when I finally run out of stuff to say. “That’s pretty cool. I wonder if she’d show me her stuff.”

“I doubt it. She seemed pretty mad when her sister had showed me. I don’t think she likes showing it to people.”

He shrugs and I can see he’s still going to ask her about it anyways. Those two really did have a lot in common.

“You boys better get going,” Lauren says suddenly. “You’ve got to get to the arena.”

“I’ll go see if the Aussies are ready,” Niall says, sliding off his seat.

“I’ll go with you,” I say, standing up. We leave the room and walk over to the neighboring one. I can hear Mrs. Hemmings talking with one of the boys so I give a quick knock before letting myself in. My eyes widen slightly seeing Elodie at a table in the corner working on something. I hadn’t expected her to start her schoolwork so quickly.