Chapter 40

Elodie's POV

“So what’s going to happen with all our pieces?” I ask as we leave the building. I had photos of all the pieces on my phone, but I didn’t know what would happen to the originals. I’d grabbed a few of the charcoal pieces I’d done along and Liam had the one of him, but beyond that they were too large.

“I’m having them shipped back to my house in London” he says. “I needed to redecorate.”

“Wow, I feel used,” I tease getting him to laugh.

“So how’d I do?” he asks. “You didn’t climb out a window or escape in some big black car so that’s a good sign,” he jokes.

“Ehh, it could’ve been worse,” I tease.

“Mhm, sure,” he says with a grin, knowing I’m full of shit. He reaches over and rests a hand on my hair before leaning over and kissing me. “You’ve got paint in your hair,” he chuckles, running a thumb over my matted hair.

“I wonder who’s fault that is,” I reply sarcastically.

“It was your own fault. You fell first,” he laughs. I let out a laugh also, not denying it.

“Lou’s going to kill me when she see’s the mess I’m going to make of the shower when we get back.”
“She’s not going to let us onto the bus,” he jokes.

“We look like a rainbow threw up on us,” I say, continuing the joke.

“Wow, I don’t think you could have said anything grosser,” he laughs.

“Oh yea I could. I could’ve said it looks like we rolled around in unicorn diarrhea.”

“What?” he asks, in a surprised laugh.

“Oh yea, unicorns poop rainbows, didn’t you know that?” I ask with a laugh.

“No, I didn’t,” he chuckles.

Well now you do,” I say with a grin.  We get to the busses and when we get out of the car, he grabs my hand, forcing the two of us to linger about outside while the security head back onto the bus. When they’re out of sight, he backs me up against the bus, out of view from anyone who could be watching, with that glint in his eye that lets me know exactly what’s coming.

“Wow, you’re sure confident now,” I tease as my arms wrap around his neck.

“Nah, I just know you,” he smirks, his hands loosely resting on my back as he steadily inches closer.

“Oh yea? Prove it,” I dare. He closes the distance, sandwiching myself between him and the bus as he kisses me hard, his hands moving to grip my waist. When his hands drop lower, my grip around his neck tightens and he picks me up. I wrap my legs around his waist with my back pressed against the bus. When we finally break apart for a breath, I let out a breathless laugh. His grin tells me how proud of himself he is.

“You going to let me down?” I ask.

“Nah,” he smirks, shaking his head.

“You just like showing off your muscles,” I joke, running my hands down his pecs.

“I think you mean I just like to hold you,” he replies. I give a small smile, feeling a small flutter in my stomach at his words. I bend my head to give him a short kiss, but he drags it out longer as he stretches his neck to follow me when I pull away. Only then does he set me down. When he backs up so I can step away from the bus, I feel my shirt stick a bit and when I look back I see I’ve left a paint stain on the bus.